Anyone using the Weber rocker shaft braces?

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Got some of Weber's rocker shaft braces. Comes with six shaft braces and longer bolts. Pic is of them installed. Seems really tight to the sides of the rockers. Anyone else out there using these?
rockers.JPG

Stock rockers too? Have you had the valve covers off since you installed? Just don't want them rubbing on the rockers.

How wide are they Mark? The one's I make are about .640" wide and they work fine with stock rockers.

Guess you could grind .060 off per side. However they may be case hardened. Doubt the case is more then .015 deep. May not matter being the sides

That is why I went with the Weber ones. Not understanding why they didn't make these correctly. Well made just appear to be too wide. Working on motor all day tomorrow so will see what I can do to make these work. Not sure if they are hardened or not.

I doubt they are hardened. They don't look like it. Plus they'd be inclined to split if they were hardened.

Get you a file and take a swipe at the bottom of one. If it eats, it's not hardened. If it skates right off, it's hardened.

Last edited:
If you have a belt sander, you can narrow yours fairly easy. Just get a good idea where they'll launch if they take flight. :)

Maybe one day I can do a large production run and you can throw mine on your website.

Maybe you should give Webber a call and tell them the issue. That's not right.

Already did, they have already replied. Said it was OK unless it was a binding situation. Getting about .005 clearance for the most part but a couple are tight against the rocker. Got a date with my belt sander today. Want to finish up motor and get it back where it belongs this weekend.

That does look more better. They really don't need to be messing with the rockers, the whole point is to hold the round shaft down with something that's not a flat.

You should be good to go now.

How bad did you burn your fingers.