Anyone using rear coil-overs?

87GN&98VET

Did they require any modification to your GN? Where did you get them? I had to cut my Eibachs to get the stance I wanted and I'm still not real happy with the results. I figured that a coil-over set up is the best option for the rear.

Thanks,

if memory serves correct, there was a tech article about that on gnttype.org about it, but the site is down......

Originally posted by 87GN&98VET
Did they require any modification to your GN? Where did you get them? I had to cut my Eibachs to get the stance I wanted and I'm still not real happy with the results. I figured that a coil-over set up is the best option for the rear.

Thanks,

Like these:

http://home.woh.rr.com/brucesgn/minitubs/

Incredibly nice ride, and lots of adjustment.

Editorial,
Kinda sad, the some rules are written as such that you have to risk having a spring fall out rather then running what's a safer suspension set-up, to be legal. IMO, safety should be the first concern.

Thanks for the link. Good pics but hard to tell exactly how much modification is involved. It looks like a simple bracket on the bottom end, but can't tell on the top end. Hopefully no welding would be required...

Originally posted by 87GN&98VET
Thanks for the link. Good pics but hard to tell exactly how much modification is involved. It looks like a simple bracket on the bottom end, but can't tell on the top end. Hopefully no welding would be required...

YES, there's some *critical* welding that needs done.

BTW, I used a QA1 Kit from Jeg's for the parts. The kit included a cross bar that ran from one side to the other, that wouldn't allow for any over the axle exhaust. So the upper mounts are welded into the original spring pocket areas.

I know I've seen stock location coilovers for F bodys. Shame nobody makes them for us. It would be fairly simple for someone with fab skills to make the simple brackets needed for a stock location setup.