anyone using Mease downpipe?

.38 special

all spooled up
Just seeing if anyone is using the Mease dp and how they like it and if it fits right. Is he still having the super slow turn around or is it better now. If he is, is there a vendor that carries his parts? Also price. I did a search and didn't find much.
Thanks in advance

I've had mine a couple years, so i'm sure the prices have changed, but it fit perfectly and was very easy to install. Still looks great too.;)

Vsix has them (Jim, nice guy) and Brian Weaver also. However they are all 2 piece design now according to Jim.

Keith's down pipes are top notch and fit really well. I had the prototype as well as have one of the first production one's on my father's Monte SS. Even though they are less money than the TH and ATR, the quality is not less which is rare these days since you usually get what you pay for. They are great for the money.

I Have a Mease downpipe i got from Brian.Took all of 30 minutes to instal......fit and finish top notch!!! kurt

I have a Mease downpipe I bought off of E-Bay for $300 buy it now. It is a 3 inch with the larger puck.

It seems a little tight where the heater box is but its OK.

I wonder if mine was a proto-type, because some of the pipe is welded where the bends are but the bends that are there are mandrel?

BTW did anyone see his sheet-metal plenoms on E-bay maybe a month ago? I would like to get my hands on one!!

:D

Originally posted by sixnboost
I have a Mease downpipe I bought off of E-Bay for $300 buy it now. It is a 3 inch with the larger puck.

It seems a little tight where the heater box is but its OK.

I wonder if mine was a proto-type, because some of the pipe is welded where the bends are but the bends that are there are mandrel?

BTW did anyone see his sheet-metal plenoms on E-bay maybe a month ago? I would like to get my hands on one!!

You probably bought that one from me. I would buy it back if you want to sell it since it fit my car like a glove.

The dp's on gbodyparts.com don't look like the dp's on Mease's website. Are they stainless, because the ones on gbodyparts don't look stainless except for the one on the car. If Mease's aren't stainless, are they coated? Also who is Vsix (jim)? What is his company? Oh, and nobody really commented on if you is still having the delayed delivery problem still.
Thanks again.

GNVAIR

Did you put a brand new band clamp in the box with the downpipe and testpipe? If I got this from you I appreciate it and you did a great packing job!
I seen it on there and got a friend to do the buy it now. I didn't see any point in bidding. When the price is right I buy!

Sorry, you can't have it back though. I am rebuilding my engine right now but I am definately using it again.

I think that maybe since all cars are a little different here and there maybe I can adjust the motor a bit when I put it back in.
It didnt touch but was a little closer than I would have liked.

BTW-an easy way to adjust that would be to tighten the hell out of the tranny mount bolt or shave a little off the mount or the cross member--just a thought.

That is a great idea!! I wrote that down so I wouldn't forget. I really appreciate that. :) :) :)

Its been awhile since I sold mine. Probably very early this year.
Glad you like the down pipe.