Anyone using a Chromebook with XFI?

haywire4130

As the title says, i have my eye on a samsung chromebook 3 as a smaller affordable alternative to my big clunky laptop. I know little about them, was wondering if anyone is using one?

Mike, Chromebook is not a Windows based OS, however there is an app called Codeweavers that will allow Windows apps. Don't know how well it would work with the XFI software. Sometimes things get lost in translation. Last thing I would want with the XFI. There are several good smaller laptops and even tablets that run Windows 10 and really not that expensive, ie under 400$.

Good to know, it woulda been tough to get that answer from best buy hahaha. I saw the small size and low pricetag on their sale flyer and the gears started turning. A backlit keyboard would be handy too since most of my "dyno runs" are late at night. I posted this here because i did a google search and didnt turn anything up

Mike, Chromebook is not a Windows based OS, however there is an app called Codeweavers that will allow Windows apps. Don't know how well it would work with the XFI software. Sometimes things get lost in translation. Last thing I would want with the XFI. There are several good smaller laptops and even tablets that run Windows 10 and really not that expensive, ie under 400$.

Codeweavers won't provide reliable access to the USB ports or loading of the driver for something external. The XFI app might run, but talking to the box in the car would be iffy.