anyone used the comp 212/212 cam?

musclecar neal

Engine Builder
We are getting ready to put the engine back together and saw the posts about the speed pro 204/214 but we were looking at the comp cams catalog and they like the 212/ 212 for our engines. anyone used it? We would enjoy seeing everyones opinion on this profile, It looks good.

good question . anybody ever run a 204/214 and a 212/212 ? I would like to know what the difference was :) .

My friend Frankg runs a 212/212. Pull strong over the range! Idles nice and makes good power. His combo: TA-49@25 PSI, 009's, loosened D-5, MJ-17 row, ported big valve irons and the cam. Went 11.36@118 MPH with a slight miss. Cleared up it will go an 11.20 or so.
I have another friend we are replacing his 208/208 Kenne Bell cam with a 204/214. Will give an update when he gets it running. Either cam will work it just comes down to dollars and what you feel comfortable with.

I happen to have both, check out my sig, the 204/214 is in the wifes car and have had no problems with it, I have taken it to the track and alot of people said that the car really pulls good on the top end, no problems I like the cam, and in the rosewood it has the 212/212 and rite now I am in the process of tuning the car one of the reasons I went with the 212/212 is that there was a lot of good things said about it and it seams to be true, I know this may not help you in deciding in which cam to go with but either way they are good cams. Jr

I have uses a wide range of Comp cams in TR's. I used a Comp 212/212 in my last build up. I like the number for what I was doing. It works great and pulls very hard from the bottom and keep pulling hard.

.030 over file fit rings
Comp 212/212 flat tapet
Ported irons big valves
ARP main studs, head and rod bolts
T&D 1.55's
RJC PP
009's
TE 44
3" DP w/ Deltagate
3" Single shot
Stock big neck I/C
340 hot wired
Mod D5 converter

That is the main set up. I will be changing to a T63E, 75# injectors, JW 3500 stall, FM I/C and ME.

Should run well into the 10's.

Originally posted by KWIKR 1
JRGN , what cam would you say has the better bottom in it overall ?
IT hard to say they both feel great, the wifes car has a simiular setup as yours, just not the ported heads and the car has 210000 miles on her but it will roast the tires anytime she, wants I think it is what you want, alot of people awhile back said that was a backwards cam but it seams to work fine, I was thinking maybee on the next rebuild to try something diff like a 214/224, intercooler mentioned that one :) I know that it sounds like I am rambling but I am happey with either cam. Jr

That is the exact same cam I am in the middle of installing in my GN this weekend. Getting rid of this noisy KB cam. I have heard a lot of good things about this cam. Sounds like it will compliment my combo and the ME chip I recently installed.