Anyone use Dynomax or Magnum Mufflers? Opinions on sound

ksmmspt

I'm about to buy a new exhaust system and the system I'm looking at is a 2 and 3/4" system and I can get dynomax or magnum mufflers. I was told the dynomax mufflers are louder than the magnums and the magnums are the least restrictive. Anyone have either of these on their car? I'm interested in a nice sound that's not too loud.

i wouldn't know I just got a pair of single chamber delta force 3" :) ima a flowmaster guy.

but i was doing research on other mufflers before i went to flowmasters. I would take a look at the bullet mufflers though. Remember if your pipe comes over the axel then it will be quiter then turn downs. With that in mind, see if you can GOOGLE your muffler you want, then click on "videos" right about the seach bar. Then you can decide which sound you like better.

remember all aftermarket mufflers flow well, its sound that is most important to drivers IMHO. There are differences in restriction of course, and sure there is POSSIBLY some HP differences in each muffler. But all mufflers aftermarket flow very high. But the HP differences are so small its really just a decision based on sound. If someone is so worried about their mufflers causing them to lose HP then run a dump. Mufflers are for sound INHO. You can unlock more power without buying NEW mufflers and investing in other parts. Again this is said to prove that sound is usally most important to a driver.

just my 2 cents, i did a lot of muffler research latly so i chimed in.

hope that helped. Later

dynamax- any straight thru muffler will work

i wish pittbulls were available:mad:

dynamax- any straight thru muffler will work

i wish pittbulls were available:mad:

Me too. That's what's on my GN. I've got to get this new system for my 85 Elky GN and I wanted the ATR system, but I assume that it is gone since they went out of business.

The magnums are oval mufflers which I've never used. I wasn't sure about the sound from oval mufflers. I want a sound that isn't too loud, just a nice sound...like the pitbull mufflers had.

I have Dynomax Race mufs on my Hooker 2 1/2" system. Nice and mellow, but screams at WOT.
John

The Flow Master design does not work well in a turbo car. Their theory of design is NOT applicable to a turbo engine. My experiences with them is that they do not work well in a turbocharged application. The Walker Ultra-Flow is probably my first choice in muffler for a turbo car. Magna-Flow also has great products. Gorlicks Excelertor series is the same design as Ultra-flow welded steel. If you are making less then 550 horsepower, then anything over 2.5" is a waste, and is much louder.

I have the walker ultra flows. They are great. Good tone and no drone. They have been on the car since 1994. They came with the ATR2.5 inch SS cat back at the time. I would get them again if needed.

I have the walker ultra flows. They are great. Good tone and no drone. They have been on the car since 1994. They came with the ATR2.5 inch SS cat back at the time. I would get them again if needed.

Ok. Anybody have a good source for these mufflers (Walker Ultra flow). I usually support our vendors if possible. Thanks for the input.

I kind of doubt any Buick vendors stock these. But you could contact some of the vendors on this board. Then get them from Summit or Jegs. Sorry I was not much help.

Hooker Max Flow HOK-21602HKR. $62 a piece from Summit. Straight thru design and great flow numbers.

Chris

I have the Cotton's Performance 3" single exhaust. I think it uses a Dymomax muffler. I get exhaust sound compliments all the time.

I ran the round Dynomax Ultraflow mufflers on my old Grey car with ATRs SS dual 3" system. The sound was awesome, nice deep tone and no drone at speed. I will be running the Ultraflows again on my new car. I'm gonna replace the Flowrestrictors, I mean Flowmasters that are on the car now. :D
Boy I wish I could find a local muffler shop that would sell true SS Ultraflows for $120.00 for the pair installed. As Jegs shows the # 17283 for $109.99 each.
All in all, they are a great sounding muffler.

Patrick