Anyone try to run mark vIII fan?

ok we are talking 4500 cfm. I dont know if it will fit or not i was hopeing someone had tried it. I am going to go get one from the junk jard and give it shot.

I think it will be too thick even with trimmming. You might be able to mount it off center but I seem to recall someone looking at this same thing and concluded there wasn't enough room. They're what, 6-7 inches thick before trimming the shroud?

Mine is still in the garage. I tried to install but it interferred with the FM intercooler pipes. I would have to refab new pipes to make it fit.

So that fan pulls 4500cfm!! Where id you find that out?

dave

fan dimensions 22"w x 18.5"h x 6.25"d. I have read that you can trim a lot of these dimensions.I haven't had a chance to get to the junk yard and car is in the shop. I wonder if this fan will work as a push unit? I don't think it will fit as a pull unit. I have a lot of room as a push fan. Does anyone have radiator dimensions and depth from radiator to pulleys.
To find out specs. on the fan just do a google search this fan is what all the drag cars are using. there are pages dedicated just to this fan.

Yeah, this thing works wonders in hard-to-cool situations on GM
A-bodies and others, when it will fit.

I have one on my 99 Jeep grand and it cools great!! But it will not fit my Gn. At least I could not get it to fit.

Anyone know where i can buy mark viii fan? I cant seem to find one at local junk yard. I live in Houston and there are a lot of yards. I have done some measurements and i am sure i can fit one as a push unit. i have a stock location intercooler.

Houston Performance can get them.

Rockauto.com has the RF-64 new for about $200.

Saw some used on ebay for around $50.

Might want to consider the Taurus fan. It flows almost as much, about 3800 cfm if you get the right one, still more than an aftermarket fan. But it might be easier to get and might be a tad smaller (not sure on that tho).

FWIW, I have installed JY fans from a mid 90's V6 Cutlass (Malibu) and I'm happy after a season (last summer). It's essentially the same dimensions as the ramchargers dual fan. I doubt they pull as much valume as the fan you're looking at, but it kept the temps cool with max AC in the Florida heat and humidity.

Houston Performance can get them.

Rockauto.com has the RF-64 new for about $200.

Saw some used on ebay for around $50.

Might want to consider the Taurus fan. It flows almost as much, about 3800 cfm if you get the right one, still more than an aftermarket fan. But it might be easier to get and might be a tad smaller (not sure on that tho).

The Taurus fan is good stuff, both my GN and DD Pontiac Sunbird have one, and it does pretty damn good!:biggrin:

I haven't finish the install yet, some trimming is still needed but yeah it cools down my car(hot air) i used flexAlite adj thermo fan switch. It can range from 160-240 i believe, i got it about about 170, its on high setting. The low was good enough to cool it down but i just wanted to see the high setting can do. I will say i need a better alt, high setting along with the 320watt radio sucks power, kinda makes the lights flicker with both are in use(sometimes)notice it only when the radio hits the bass. Fan is a bit to big but i can make it work:cool: :cool: lil trim here n there :rolleyes:
SSPX0119.jpg

SSPX0121.jpg

SSPX0123.jpg

nice thats awsome. thanks for the pics.i am bidding on ebay now for my mark viii fan and i will be taking pictures for all to see. before and after.

Ebay:biggrin: , they have em for cheap:D , well i believe unless your fine with just normal hookups(clap on) get the harness for the fan(if it doesn't come with) fromt the junk. I think a Tbird,mark,XR7s, maybe others will fit but if you want i got some close ups, if you need to compare or know what to look for. Well post pics, this fan is really Great!! :cool: :cool: