Anyone running UmiPerformance Stage 3 Suspension Kit?

For $2300 you might check with Scot W on the board here. His site is GNS Performance and he's selling and using the DSE complete kit. If you're looking for a more bargin based kit then there are other options out there that will work just as well as the UMI kit and cost less to boot.;)

For the price it's not worth it. Unless your using coil overs I'd stick with the stock lowers unless they add +camber, which they don't or if you need tire clearance for extra wide tires. Also I like the adjustable spc uppers, no shims. Braces for upper/lower C/A is unneeded and overpriced (edlebrock makes a cheaper one, or just weld a brace). There is nothing special to the kit to justify the price, you can get further for much less

So the way I'm looking at it is my 87 Buick needs a complete suspension rebuild. The labor and parts involved in removing the A-arms (top/bottom) and removing/pressing in new bushings, swapping the springs/shocks and all the bushings in the end links and sway bushings looks to be a lot more than the $2000 the kit costs. Maybe my time costs more than others, but it really is an economics play for me. The Stage 2 kit is actually what I would go with after talking with U M I and I can do all the labor myself in a weekend.

The lowers add camber and there were a few other no-cost options that you just had to specify that seemed really cool. I'm new to the Buick Regal platform but not at all new to building cars. Given the parts list below would you be willing to point me in the direction of a complete kit that comes with everything this kit would come with for less?

" The Stage 2 kit includes upper and lower front A-Arms with tall upper ball joints, heavy duty UMI sway bars with new end links and greaseable bushings, Bilstein HD shocks for all four corners, Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs, rear tubular upper and lower control arms, replacement rear end housing bushings and heavy duty tubular frame braces. We also include all new Grade 8 hardware with locking nuts to complete the installation.

Stage 2 Kit Includes:
  • Tubular lower front A-arms, Part #3031
  • Tubular upper front A-Arms with tall ball joints, Part #3033-2
  • 1-1/4” Front sway bar with bushings and end links, Part #3035
  • 1” Rear sway bar with new hardware, Part #3034
  • Set of (4) Bilstein HD shocks
  • Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs
  • Tubular lower rear control arms, Part #3015
  • Tubular upper rear control arms, Part #3016
  • Tubular frame braces, Part #3028
  • Replacement rear end housing bushings, Part #3000
  • All new Grade 10.9 hardware and lock nuts"
I'm trying to COMPLETELY overall the suspension to feel new/modern. The car has GNX replica wheels, 245/45/16 BFGs, Jeep Steering Shaft, Braces...... Thanks!

SC&C basics package (Set of 4 bilstein HD shocks, helwig front sway, pro tour rear sway) -1109
SC&C stage 2 kit(adjustable uppers, upper and lower howe tall ball joints etc) -679

That gets you to 1788. Spend the left overs on a gnx body mount kit. That will out handle the kit you already have setup. The frame brace is unneeded unless you are putting insane power to the ground, basically if you have a stock rear end you dont need them. The rear upper and lowers are also unneeded at the moment. This gets you over where you were handling wise with premium parts and lets you upgrade the other things as needed.

Nice talking to you today Jeff and I'll be more than happy to help a fellow Texan out.:cool: I'll send you a PM on the poor mans upgrades but don't post it please. It's not exactly on the web right now.;) Should get you where you want as far as handling as well as a few other issues. One thing I'll bring up is how crappy GM QC was in the late 70's to late 80's.:eek: Here's a pic of the frame I've been working on to show how bad the CNC welding was. I re-welded the entire frame from front to back to make sure it was solid.:( This was just 1 of the areas that weren't properly welded and I had to go over the entire frame to make sure it was solid.:mad:
DSCN0013.JPGDSCN0014.JPG

Awesome talking with you! I just read your PM and THANKS for taking the time to send that it is greatly appreciated. I'm going to read through it and give you a call back later this week. We also need to finish out conversation on blocks! :)

Awesome talking with you! I just read your PM and THANKS for taking the time to send that it is greatly appreciated. I'm going to read through it and give you a call back later this week. We also need to finish out conversation on blocks! :)
AT&T sucks where I am but if worse comes to worse I'll call from a LL to help you out Jeff.;)

Your rear will be easy, the Front End is pain in the Arse!
(some a-arms set the wheel out more,lowering the car can create pass. front tire rub)
But, if you stick with-it,You'll have a Go-Cart if you get Autocross tires. or the rear end will slide out with the big-ol trunk

Enjoy!

SC&C basics package (Set of 4 bilstein HD shocks, helwig front sway, pro tour rear sway) -1109
SC&C stage 2 kit(adjustable uppers, upper and lower howe tall ball joints etc) -679

That gets you to 1788. Spend the left overs on a gnx body mount kit. That will out handle the kit you already have setup. The frame brace is unneeded unless you are putting insane power to the ground, basically if you have a stock rear end you dont need them. The rear upper and lowers are also unneeded at the moment. This gets you over where you were handling wise with premium parts and lets you upgrade the other things as needed.

I'm an SC&C suspension owner now, I'll post the install/build pics later this summer! :)

David & Charlie thanks so much for all of your help/guidance both of you guys are REAL assets to the Buick community.