J_MO1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 653
  • J_Mo2.jpg
    J_Mo2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 347
  • J_Mo3.jpg
    J_Mo3.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 318
Your thing is your thing, your right I dont agree with it I think its tacky and rediculous looking. I also have alot of respect for my car as well as every other GN/GNX for what the car represents to the automotive hobby. When I see "ghetto" rims and other crap I feel sorry for that car. I honestly think 17's MAX look good on these cars, maybe 18's in the rear if done right. I can give you some credit for trying to keep the car close to the same ride hight as I hate rolling down the road in my Yukon and seeing a G-Body almost level with me because it is riding on 30in rims or whatever. Like I said I am sure we are not the only ones who believe this. I applaud you for doing your own thing, I just dont like it!

Just remember these guys that are talking crap about Big Wheels are probably the same people who drooled all over the Hemi Cuda with the carbon fiber and the HUGE wheels. They are probably also the ones who have every Dub City GN made. Who cares what You do with YOUR car. I applaud different lookin GN/Ttypes. [as long as its tasteful ;)] IMO if the car sits right who cares if hes got 20's or 22's. I've got 18" 3-piece wheels on mine and I love the way it handles and looks. TO EACH THEIR OWN. You guys might be happy with your 14's and 15's let "US" be happy customizing "OUR" cars. FYI its NOW 2006 and every performance car made has bigger wheels with low profile tires for improved handling. Some of us actually like driving our cars more than in just straight lines - one 1/4 mile at a time :cool:

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 616
Your car doesnt look bad Royal, but 20's or 22's look hideous. I plan to possibly put 17's on my car for the street but when I go to the track I will switch back to my weld's. I agree there is more to a GN than going straight, but with 22's are you honestly gonna beable to enjoy the car like it should be? I don't think having to dodge every pot hole with the fear of bending or breaking my $6000 set of rims is anyway to enjoy a car. You enjoy yours your way, and I will enjoy it mine!

I'm sure the owner of this car flies over railroad tracks ect. :cool: Notice how thick those tires are. I think the sidewall is about the same size as a 28/10.5 e.t. drag :wink:

Attachments

• 2003_ferrari_enzo_03_m.jpg
    2003_ferrari_enzo_03_m.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 593
normally i think big wheels on cars dont look great....but the one exception that ive seen is Hybrid-Ts. His car looks pretty badass with those wheels...everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

its not a gn so you guys dont have to worry about me ruining a "nice car" lol

Attachments

• regal_lake_02.jpg
    regal_lake_02.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 598
I am a big wheel fan. However it depends on the wheel style. Not all big wheels look good to me, actually, most dont. BUT, when they do, they look GREAT! I LOVE Hybvrid Ts car, even if I didnt I'd respect it for the obvious effort and care that has gone in the build. Same w/ others that have gone the extra mile to push the style envelope on a 20 yr old car.
This board is divided w/ the go fast types and the show/cruzin types. I dont understand why alot of members only respect thier types of car. I am not saying love them all, but we are adults, atleast give due respect.
I will choose to go big. Not 22's, I wanna be lower than thatsize allows...but 18"-20" because I want the same OEM rolling diam. so not to affect acceleration, or braking. An 11.99 sec driver, that does .90 Gs and looks "Foosed" style is my ultimate GN. Yours is probably different. We are both right.

Look at the ride hieght difference

Look at the ride hieght difference between the regal and the M/C and the front of the M/C can still be lowered. I've decided to get the 22's and when I get them you'll see big can still be classy when done right. :cool:

Attachments

• J_MO1.jpg
    J_MO1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 577
GregInAtl said:
I am a big wheel fan. However it depends on the wheel style. Not all big wheels look good to me, actually, most dont. BUT, when they do, they look GREAT! I LOVE Hybvrid Ts car, even if I didnt I'd respect it for the obvious effort and care that has gone in the build. Same w/ others that have gone the extra mile to push the style envelope on a 20 yr old car.
This board is divided w/ the go fast types and the show/cruzin types. I dont understand why alot of members only respect thier types of car. I am not saying love them all, but we are adults, atleast give due respect.
I will choose to go big. Not 22's, I wanna be lower than thatsize allows...but 18"-20" because I want the same OEM rolling diam. so not to affect acceleration, or braking. An 11.99 sec driver, that does .90 Gs and looks "Foosed" style is my ultimate GN. Yours is probably different. We are both right.
Before someone else jumps your sh!t and trys to belittle you I'll try to be helpfull. You will lose some performance accelerating and braking going to 20s due to the weight of the wheels. I couldn't tell you how much difference since I don't race mine I really didn't feel the difference on the street. Our cars have plenty of torque down low where it's needed to get the wheels turning. As far as braking goes, you'll see just how small the stock brakes look once you get 20's on there :D and you'll be dyin' to get some big brakes. That being said, there's no law that says you have to keep the same wheel/tire on your car on the street that you do at the track that you do for shows that you do for long road trips......... It's all up to YOU and YOUR tastes.

Adam

HYBRIDT said:
Before someone else jumps your sh!t and trys to belittle you I'll try to be helpfull. You will lose some performance accelerating and braking going to 20s due to the weight of the wheels. I couldn't tell you how much difference since I don't race mine I really didn't feel the difference on the street. Our cars have plenty of torque down low where it's needed to get the wheels turning. As far as braking goes, you'll see just how small the stock brakes look once you get 20's on there :D and you'll be dyin' to get some big brakes. That being said, there's no law that says you have to keep the same wheel/tire on your car on the street that you do at the track that you do for shows that you do for long road trips......... It's all up to YOU and YOUR tastes.

Adam
I plan on using forged wheels for weight savings on large wheels, and larger 2 pc rotor assemblies, that save weight and improve braking. You can have both bigger, and better, most people dont do this for thier own reasons. Also, I have had another car that ran 17, 18, 19 and 20" wheels at different times. All had adv and disadv. This was also a turbo car, and w/ torque, its not that big of a deal. I lost 2 tenths from 17s to 20s...and the 19"s were actually slowest on that car. I am speaking from experience, not generalizations or guesses. If I am wrong, it wont be the first time. Also, I'd give up a few tenths to double the cars road handling, and make it look the way I like. But thats just me.

Well i think if u wanna put 20s or 22s on a car its yours. If you like it, it dont matter what someone else thinks because its always someone else out there that like it or dont like it. But i got 20" TT II on the way hopefully this week so i will post some pics of it.

GregInAtl said:
I plan on using forged wheels for weight savings on large wheels, and larger 2 pc rotor assemblies, that save weight and improve braking. You can have both bigger, and better, most people dont do this for thier own reasons. Also, I have had another car that ran 17, 18, 19 and 20" wheels at different times. All had adv and disadv. This was also a turbo car, and w/ torque, its not that big of a deal. I lost 2 tenths from 17s to 20s...and the 19"s were actually slowest on that car. I am speaking from experience, not generalizations or guesses. If I am wrong, it wont be the first time. Also, I'd give up a few tenths to double the cars road handling, and make it look the way I like. But thats just me.
All right. Now we're talkin'. Don't forget you're gonna want to detail/paint your suspension and frame once you can see everything through 20" wheels. ;)

Adam

HYBRIDT said:
All right. Now we're talkin'. Don't forget you're gonna want to detail/paint your suspension and frame once you can see everything through 20" wheels. ;)

Adam
Definately. Powder coating and chroming most everything. I am building the car slowly, so I only have to do it once.
I want the east coast "Hybrid T" !
GC

i could tuck my wheels if i wanted to but it would prove to be impratical.
As bad as the streets are here, i had to raise it a bit to be safe..

montes have a much bigger wheel well, 22's look small on montes because of this.

Torx said:
i could tuck my wheels if i wanted to but it would prove to be impratical.
As bad as the streets are here, i had to raise it a bit to be safe..

montes have a much bigger wheel well, 22's look small on montes because of this.
Seeing your car and and you telling me M/C's have bigger wheel made me panic :eek: I called the rim shop this morning and lucky for me, the wheel company has not started making my 22's, so i've just changed back to 20's.

Any pics of 22's on one and tuckin em? I hate the gaudy look of big wheels on a car and a lift kit is the only way they'll fit. But I'm a huge fan of big wheels if they can fit nicely on the car.

Hybrid your car looks killer and I'd like to see some 22's stuffed under the back :biggrin:

Maybe I'm a fool also because I'm eventually putting shaved semi 22.5's on my dually with a 265/35/22 tire.

ILLEGAL REGAL said:
Any pics of 22's on one and tuckin em? I hate the gaudy look of big wheels on a car and a lift kit is the only way they'll fit. But I'm a huge fan of big wheels if they can fit nicely on the car.

Hybrid your car looks killer and I'd like to see some 22's stuffed under the back :biggrin:

Maybe I'm a fool also because I'm eventually putting shaved semi 22.5's on my dually with a 265/35/22 tire.

Thanks! :cool: Up untill recently this was my daily driver and in order to get the axle to tuck further into the wheel well (taller overall diameter with same ground clearance) I'd have to do some frame modifications to clear my rear SSBC calipers. I'm retiring this car from daily driving and thinking of 'C' notching the frame for clearance and actually putting a different tire on the rear with a larger overall diameter. It would tuck the wheel further up giving it a look of a larger wheel. I REALLY like my TTIIs and they don't come in a 22 (as far as I can see at American Racings website) so I'll be sticking with the 20s.

Adam

HYBRIDT said:
I've also had my car appraised at $60,000 by a certified appraiser.

Adam

Holy **** your car is worth 60k? Do you have a web page or something that has some detail pics of your car i would like to look at them if you don't mind.

edit
I guess the Hybrdt link in your sig is what im looking for DOH, nice car BTW