ANYONE RUNNING 20's or 22's

oneshot said:
Holy **** your car is worth 60k? Do you have a web page or something that has some detail pics of your car i would like to look at them if you don't mind.

edit
I guess the Hybrdt link in your sig is what im looking for DOH, nice car BTW

"Worth" $60,000, I could never get that much for it. "Value" $60,000 sure. I just wanted to have a set value for the vehicle for insurance reasons and just in case I got into an accident and it wasn't my fault I could hopefully squash any arguments with someone elses insurance company. There's the first two pages of my appraisal Here and the appraiser has 30+ years of custom car appraising and is NADA certified as an appraiser for customs. The appraisal I recieved from him is like 8 pages long and has a lot of pictures of my car and interesting info, but it's a little too large of a file to transfer here.

Adam

ILLEGAL REGAL said:
Maybe I'm a fool also because I'm eventually putting shaved semi 22.5's on my dually with a 265/35/22 tire.
Gotta love that! Our F350 runs 22.5" alcoas that were shaved, the truck is dropped 3/5, and is on Toyo St 265/40/22s. Did I mention it runs 14 flat w/ factory turbo, exhaust, and airbox?! You think roastin cars w/ an old regal is fun, do it in a crew cab dually!!
Heres a link to a pic;
http://public.fotki.com/AllstarGN/gn_stuff/car_stuff_006.html

GregInAtl said:
Gotta love that! Our F350 runs 22.5" alcoas that were shaved, the truck is dropped 3/5, and is on Toyo St 265/40/22s. Did I mention it runs 14 flat w/ factory turbo, exhaust, and airbox?! You think roastin cars w/ an old regal is fun, do it in a crew cab dually!!
Heres a link to a pic;
http://public.fotki.com/AllstarGN/gn_stuff/car_stuff_006.html
Now thats badass! For sale???? I'd buy that in a second if it were.

The best thing about a wheel/tire swap, is that you can change it back to stock with no problem. I'd rather see anybody change their wheels on a GN/TR then see them hack the car up to make a racecar out of it, that it could never be returned to original. Speaking of which, I made a poist before seeing this thread. Who makes the best adapters to put 96 Impala SS designed 20's on my GN? I can get a set of MB Senna wheels for $1750 w/ Nitto tires.

gnjay said:
86 SS M/C on 3pcs 22's
I didn't know that bannana's had wheele's? :eek:

Attachments

• J_MO1.jpg
    J_MO1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 300
GregInAtl said:
I plan on using forged wheels for weight savings on large wheels, and larger 2 pc rotor assemblies, that save weight and improve braking. You can have both bigger, and better, most people dont do this for thier own reasons. Also, I have had another car that ran 17, 18, 19 and 20" wheels at different times. All had adv and disadv. This was also a turbo car, and w/ torque, its not that big of a deal. I lost 2 tenths from 17s to 20s...and the 19"s were actually slowest on that car. I am speaking from experience, not generalizations or guesses. If I am wrong, it wont be the first time. Also, I'd give up a few tenths to double the cars road handling, and make it look the way I like. But thats just me.

Not to bust your chops but I do disagree that you double your road cars handling (talking GN's here.) I can use a 15" wheels combined with suspension tuning and tire selection to rip on your big wheels. Without a suspension designed for it the bigger (huge)wheels will decrease all performance aspects.

20" billet specialties

Might lower front an inch or two.

Attachments

• 50% gn.jpg
    50% gn.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 502
Only had them on for a few days haven't driven it yet because of trans issues. Got them from a friend cheap but may not keep them. Would love some 17" budniks that I saw on a car being sold on ebay a while back. 20"s make you spend too much time looking for pot holes.

Thanks! Did you see the car I posted in the other thread with the 17" budniks? I'd love to get that look.

yeah those look nice too, ill be getting a set of 16" tomorrow from HBOOST ill post some pictures on the HATERS ONLY thread :biggrin:

sailbrd said:
Not to bust your chops but I do disagree that you double your road cars handling (talking GN's here.) I can use a 15" wheels combined with suspension tuning and tire selection to rip on your big wheels. Without a suspension designed for it the bigger (huge)wheels will decrease all performance aspects.
You arent bustin my chops, I appreciate the opinion, and you addressed that in a way that wasnt flaming others.
I do agree the 20 is NOT optimum handling, but it is light years ahead of 15" OEM. There is a happy middle, and it is a forged wheel prob a 17" and a tire like an RA-1 that is great straight and in curves, and a suspension set up like a QA-1 to complete the pkg. The prob is ppl want what they like, and I like big, you are more of a purist probably. I do realize that I need a light wheel to make up the larger size, but the diam is equal, and the tires smoke OEM badyears. Also I am shaving weight w/ 2 pc rotor assys, and quality suspension components so I should be in good shape. I dont care about runnin 10s, or doin 1G+....I want a car that is fun to drive on the streets, and cruise ins.
It does irk me how ppl here want to gripe about larger better built wheels and top end perf tires, not bein true to the 80s car... but INCIST on the latest tech in turbos, and want Baer brakes, and other late model parts. I'd have much more tollerance for these arguments against big wheels being "wrong era" if these ppls cars were left stock or only modded w/ parts thru 1987. Otherwise the argument doesnt hold water IMO.

sailbrd said:
Without a suspension designed for it the bigger (huge)wheels will decrease all performance aspects.
I like this line, because its true and makes sense. Not just for big wheels, but big turbos, and alot of other parts. Hoew many cars here are 500 whp and stock springs?! EEEK!
Well put and very simple.

Actually I agree that a forged 17 is the way to go. Good selection of tires, nice wheel weight and will not screw up suspensions. Will still argue that I can set up a 15 inch wheel and tire package that will smoke a 20 inch package (on a GN or other A or G Body. Wish I could afford to have a shootout on this, it would be fun.

sailbrd said:
Will still argue that I can set up a 15 inch wheel and tire package that will smoke a 20 inch package (on a GN or other A or G Body.
Are you saying a race or looks contest,,if are talking about a race ,,well geez thats a no brainer.........

sailbrd said:
Actually I agree that a forged 17 is the way to go. Good selection of tires, nice wheel weight and will not screw up suspensions. Will still argue that I can set up a 15 inch wheel and tire package that will smoke a 20 inch package (on a GN or other A or G Body. Wish I could afford to have a shootout on this, it would be fun.
I agree straight line 15s rule, and probably 50%+ w/ an experienced driver in curves....BUT in the end it always comes down to the driver....I still put appearance and function on the same plain....one w/o the other is a waste, and for a street car that wont see the track, 18"-20" will do all I need.
Thx for being pleasant w/ this discussion,
GC