Anyone run the SLP (85mm) LS1 MAF? Help with upgrade MAF options.

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
Ordered my T+ and extender chip last week and I left the MAF option open. I've been reading on LS1tech.com about the SLP one and was wondering if anyone uses this.

How about a ported/polished LS1 MAF? Any experience?

What MAF are you guys having the best results with over the stock one?

Tips, help is appriciated.
TIA
:cool:

My friend had a Granatelli MAF on his '99 WS6 and it made less power than a stock MAF ported. All you have to do is take out the four hex bolts, cut out the center section, and grind it all down so it's nice and smooth.

Email Bob Bailey. He has tested most of the larger ones out there. He will give you a straight answer of what is best.
He goes by the name of turbobob on here.

the maf is not a big deal with our cars, in terms of air flow....lots of very fast cars running stock or stock modified maf's.....the main advantage of using the chebby maf is availablity and with the extender, a bit more tunability

I have a modified stock maf and ME (modified means no screens or cone) prolly capable of flowing 1000 cfm with a velocity stack...not a restriction on my car...check with Steve Y

I am using the LS1 maf with the billet ends. Bob Bailey recommended it and I am very happy with the overall idle and driveability with the Extender chip.
Brian

I'm running an dephi 85mm MAF (ZO6 vette / Chevy truck MAF). I was told that the 85mm is sensitive to fan turbulence because the sensing element is very close to the inlet, so I installed a buickgn.com shorty style big mouth air intake, which has a short pipe between the MAF and the air filter. I also left the MAF screen in place. It is working great. Also had to purchase an adapter from ramchargers to plug the 85mm into the trans +. Driveability is just as good as it was with the 3" LT1 sensor. The reduced restriction gave me 2 more pounds of boost without touching the wastegate adjustment.