Anyone out here lives in Arizona

Frank87

Hello I will hopefully be moving out to Arizona in the summer ( July 2007 ) I would like to know if anyone out here lives in Arizona and how there cars run with the heat but low humidity. I am looking to move into the Phoenix area. I know the cars can be run year round and it is not like here in Chicago, although we have had good weather lately here in the Chicagoland weather. Frank

There are quite a few people in that area. Dick Kearney, Nick Micale, Len Freeman is in Vegas, and a crew of other guys.

Jason

Hello I will hopefully be moving out to Arizona in the summer ( July 2007 ) I would like to know if anyone out here lives in Arizona and how there cars run with the heat but low humidity. I am looking to move into the Phoenix area. I know the cars can be run year round and it is not like here in Chicago, although we have had good weather lately here in the Chicagoland weather. Frank

Hey Frank, can I go with you? :biggrin:

Arizona bound

To Rick87GN sure thing, Arizona beats the heck out of these cold winter days as well as the hot and humid days of Chicagos summers. If you have never been out there you should go there for a vacation and you will see. :cool: Frank P.S Nice car

I can't blame you for wanting to move. I've wanted to move to a warm weather climate for years but the wife just has to see the change of seasons.

At least it's been mild in Chicago. Tom Skilling says 55 tomorrow!!!

I moved here from Chicago about 10 years ago, love it and would never consider going back.

Frank you will never look back.. To everybody else consider moving to AZ it SUCKS stay away :) (my attempt to curb over population) :)

We are lucky, there are 2 local tracks (open all year) though the summer months get a little toasty. :)

I live in Tucson. I really like it down there. Weather is great year round and it has everything you need.

Arizona

I am planning to move into the Phoenix area around June. I was there over the summer and dealing with this bad Chicago weather has made me want to get out of here quick. I am putting my house up for sale in late February and I am hoping it will sell quick.I would rather deal with those three months of 100 degree plus then below zero here in Chicago. :) I have heard from another member that there are a few tracks out in the Phoenix area that are open year round. No more waiting three or four months to check out the improvements on the car done over the late fall or early winter.....

Yep...while a lot of the guys in the colder states have there TR's in storage for the winter we have the best weather for racing...nice and cool...in the summer though it does get pretty hot...not the greatest for racing...tracks are open but most of us don't race in the summer...good time to do some work on them...you can still drive them just wait until the sun goes down at night...tracks have racing until...I think it's 12:00am...I've gone out a couple of times in the summer at around 10:00pm to test some changes...still pretty warm out but at least the sun isn't baking you...have 2 tracks here...one on the northwest side(Speedworld) and one on the southeast side(Firebird).

Where are you thinkin about moving? It's great here, a little toasty for a couple months but the rest of the year is worth it.

Well the weather is starting to get too hot to take the car out during the day, but im always willing to chat with and help out another Turbo 6 owner. Im around the Litchfield Park area, between phoenix and the middle of nowhere

To 1NSTYC5 I am thinking about moving in the area of south Scottsdale to Chandler , that is where we are concentrating our home search to.Unfortunatly before I get serious on a particular home I have to sell my house first.

To Jarnutt if you look at the post I replied to 1NSTYC5 I am thinking about those areas in Arizona. I am curious on insurance premiums on the GN I hear it is expensive although I hear plates are cheap, ( 78.00 dollars here in Illinois ) I have been trying to check out the weather out there and it beats the weather out here. Even though it is hot there I am sure you would not want to deal with the cold that we had out here. What track do you bring the car to ? If you wish to contact me I have a boost cell phone and if you have one also I can on occasion be chirped at 183*714*1447 I only use the phone as a back up so it is not on all of the time

To Jarnutt if you look at the post I replied to 1NSTYC5 I am thinking about those areas in Arizona. I am curious on insurance premiums on the GN I hear it is expensive although I hear plates are cheap, ( 78.00 dollars here in Illinois ) I have been trying to check out the weather out there and it beats the weather out here. Even though it is hot there I am sure you would not want to deal with the cold that we had out here. What track do you bring the car to ? Have a good one.
87 GN very low miles

Last time it saw the track was over a year ago. I used to take it to speed world all the time, but that was when I was younger and didnt mind beating the crap out of it.

Like others have said, in the summer you really only want to take the beast out at night. I can't stand taking the GN out during the day in the heat. The engine temps go up pretty quickly when you romp on it, the AC doesn't blow cold enough, you burn yourself on the ignition, etc. Of course the nice thing is that you can still take it out. You don't have to shovel sunshine! :biggrin:

The downside to the Phoenix area is that the weather is great when the days are the shortest, and forget about 4 seasons. That being said I'm sure it beats living back east. I prefer living in the East Vally myself. Gilbert and parts of Chandler are nice. The only problem is that most jobs are on the other side of town. I'm lucky enough to work in Chandler. I live in Queen Creek, just east of the Gilbert border. Anywhere east of where I live and you get into some major traffic issues.

Where are you thinkin about moving? It's great here, a little toasty for a couple months but the rest of the year is worth it.

1NSTYC5, have I run into you before? I ran into a guy with a C5 ZO6 awhile back who said he was a previous TR owner.

Out where I live in the Litchfield area, I have a clear shot of The beautiful Palo Verde Nuclear Power generation plant if it ever goes Kaboom. During the winter months when the cooling towers are going, you can see the tower of steam rising from them a mile or two high, it gives you a warm fuzzy fealing, the kind that grows another arm out of your forhead. Luckily I work for a Generator shop where Im a tech, and its about 7 miles from home, AND to top it all off I have a company vehicle. 15 miutes to work, 15 home, no matter what time of day. Out here the 303, US 60, and the I-10 connect me to everything I need, including speedworld.

1NSTYC5, have I run into you before? I ran into a guy with a C5 ZO6 awhile back who said he was a previous TR owner.
I'm pretty sure I saw you a few months ago on the 60East around Power and the 202 exit. But we didn't get a run in, I'm in a FRC, just has the ZO6 body, no LS6 though :(. I've never had a GN, I'm a Syclone guy. I live out off Ocotillo and Ironwood, but I work nights so I'm opposite traffic. I'm on Ellsworth a lot, my choice of roads coming/going into Queen Creek.