Anyone Like To Cook?

That looks good!

I make some small pizza bread snacks every once in a while. Generally use some sliced sour dough, or French bread & toast it. Then add some marinara type sauce, some feta & mozzarella cheese, a bit of sliced garlic & some thin sliced tomato. Warm it up enough to melt the cheese & then eat.

I like the experimentation aspect with cooking. Although all the ingredients were store bought I just wanted to experiment. The sad part is my eye's are bigger than my stomach....:(:D.

Medium thin crust (cooked) dough slightly brushed with olive oil.
Pizza sauce slightly heated.
2lb's of seasoned hamburger.
Almost 1lb of thinly shredded Moz.
425 for 20, turn off oven and let sit for another 5.

123thumb.jpg

Looks good!

Try a thin crust with a thin spreading of red sauce & mozzarella. Then sprinkle some oregano over the top & a pinch of sugar.

Real tasty!

Looks good!

Try a thin crust with a thin spreading of red sauce & mozzarella. Then sprinkle some oregano over the top & a pinch of sugar.

Real tasty!

I think your recipe will help me keep my figure....LOL!

PS, Decades ago after researching cornbread recipes I started adding sugar to the batter and it was/is amazing.

Sugar steak(doesn't taste like you may think), roasted sweet potatoes, and semi-pickled beets

IMG_20161218_201615032.jpg

Rainy day snack...sweet Italian sausage sandwich View attachment 294370
Man that looks delicious!

Today I am marinating some skrimps (see what I did thar?) in butter milk and creole seasoning, Gonna batter in panko with coconut shreds and then cypher up a dip other than just regular cocktail dip. Some times I will make a rouillard dip and add some zing with finely diced horseradish.

Added a few extra so my cat and dog do not feel left out, those begging eye's git me every time!

Looks good! Try a thin crust with a thin spreading of red sauce & mozzarella. Then sprinkle some oregano over the top & a pinch of sugar.
Real tasty!
Sounds kind of like a classic Margherita style, which I love. Probably the best pie I made was when I used fresh mozz and just spread down chunks. I have a pizza stone but seldom use it based upon only having a conventional oven that is limited to 500 degree's. I may be one of those disguised Chefboyardee's (sp).

Busted out the rotisserie the other night...Cornish Game Hens, stuffed with apple and onion. Man, those were some juicy, flavorful birds.
IMG_20170117_184905142.jpg

Busted out the rotisserie the other night...Cornish Game Hens, stuffed with apple and onion. Man, those were some juicy, flavorful birds.View attachment 296536
My brother from another mother! One cannot go wrong with Cornish Game Hens ( I need two) yet I have not tried the apple/onion combo. Them brats look edible as well.

I wish "smellavision" would be purrfected. I digressed again but blame it on the Hen's.

I used to love to cook then my back said no to standing at the stove for any length of time. Now my favorite meal is steak and roasted potatoes prepped by Marie Callender. It's easy to fix and clean up is simply throw the containers in the trash.

I used to love to cook then my back said no to standing at the stove for any length of time. Now my favorite meal is steak and roasted potatoes prepped by Marie Callender. It's easy to fix and clean up is simply throw the containers in the trash.

Cooking is a lot like work...cook/work smarter and not harder. You should get a crock pot and quit wasting your money on that sodium filled crap of an excuse of food they call Marie Callender. Your body will thank you probably did not know that it is actually less expensive and more nutritious to cook, lazy cooks are still cooks.

Master of your own destiny!

Attachments

• 123thumb.jpg
    123thumb.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 87
So I decided that taco's are going on todays menu and wanted to ask some opinions. One thing I have not yet tried was browning the meat in Rotel so the flavor is infused during step uno. After draining I am planning of adding the taco spices and maybe 1/2 cup of water and simmer for at least 30min's. I have used Rotel many times in the past but it was after the browning/cooking process but I want to using Rotel during the browning/cooking process.

Thoughts?

I have found that adding your spices to the raw meat & mix then brown , gives the meat the best flavor . It won't pick up much from the tomato in the short time it will be cooked .

Bringing the heat...ribs with habanero powder and Kinder's Exxxtra Hot BBQ Sauce, plus red potatoes.
IMG_20170123_211515450.jpg

Last edited: