Anyone know how to cut harness to run just the engine?

Brad Zeidler

I want to install a SC 3800 from a 95 Riviera into my current project. Are their any shops out there who can take the harness down to just the engine. I did a retrofit of an 84 SFI turbo 3.8 into my 78 Lesabre, but this looks a lot more complicated than that did. The wiring harness from the Riv is a nightmare in comparison. I saved as much as I could of it, ther's like 3 computer boxes connected to it. Which one is for the engine? Believe me this time I'm willing to pay someone to cut the harness down for me. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks Brad Zeidler

The 95 is a PCM.
While you might might find someone to reflash it, be sure they know how to disable the torque management, and abuse mode stuff as applicable. Just snipping the wires, to the tranny and eliminating the diagnostic flags might not be enough to make the PCM happy.

I'm not sure that the 95 is a flashable devise, there are a number of ecms/pcms that were used in the S/C applications, and you might do well to research the various options of which one best suits your needs. You might be happiest with a 93 ish one, which has a memcal/chip rather then the flash.