Anyone in DFW area wanna help me dial in my TR?

Send an e-mail to Rob Downey who is close to you who may be able to help you out. He also has an Alky setup and knows how to tune a car. His e-mail address is onebadskier@aol.com.

Tell him Danny recommended you to him. He also frequents this board.

Dannyo

My e-mails won't go through to that address. What's his handle on here maybe I can PM him through this site.

My e-mails won't go through to that address. What's his handle on here maybe I can PM him through this site.
That's me..thought it was obvious from my reply to Dannyo, sorry. left out a "W", I'd rather not have my email plastered in here, but its linked to my profile.

Bring it out to the Motorplex in Ennis tomorrow, I'll be there with 2 other turbo Regal folks, a GN and a white T, and I'll be in the Red/white TA.
I'll be there around noon till about 3:00.
I'm leaving right now so I won't be looking at anything tonight.

That's me..thought it was obvious from my reply to Dannyo, sorry. left out a "W", I'd rather not have my email plastered in here, but its linked to my profile.

Bring it out to the Motorplex in Ennis tomorrow, I'll be there with 2 other turbo Regal folks, a GN and a white T, and I'll be in the Red/white TA.
I'll be there around noon till about 3:00.
I'm leaving right now so I won't be looking at anything tonight.

Unfortunately for me I have to work. Anyone free next week or weekend?

Timing was at 24/22. Dropped it down to 21/19 and still a little knock, but much less than before. Seems to be headed in the right direction. Gonna drop it another degree or so and see if that helps. KNR was brief and maxed at 1.4 with the 21/19 setup vs 3.5 with the 24/22 timing. I think the KNR may have occured when it shifted down from 3rd to 2nd, but I'm not for sure. Thanks for the input & tips so far. I sent Steve an e-mail at SMC to find out about the pressure for the alky kit. The kit is a couple months old, so it is one of the new ones. It has a pressure gauge built into the line. I'm not sure what pressures I am looking for though. I assume I can test it by having someone hit the test button while I read the pressure???

Can't get a lot of info on here b/c of size restrictions, but I have attached a couple newer logfiles. Please let me know if anything else jumps out. thanks

View attachment alky 21 19.zip

View attachment alky 21 19 2.zip

Unfortunately I don't have whatever software that is for your logs, I use Direct Scan.
You can also test the akly for working by removing the uppipe that the alky line goes to, and then unplug the boost line going to the intake plenum, then use an air compressor to shoot some air and pressurize the line, just watch your boost gauge and don't go above say 25#. and have someone watch for the alky spraying..just be careful not to get on anything like paint :eek:

Also, you never said what type of alky you are running, methanol, or iso, or iso/water mix.
To me it still sounds like its not getting enough alky unless the knock is in fact false from the shifts, but turning the timing down would have no effect then...

Unfortunately I don't have whatever software that is for your logs, I use Direct Scan.
You can also test the akly for working by removing the uppipe that the alky line goes to, and then unplug the boost line going to the intake plenum, then use an air compressor to shoot some air and pressurize the line, just watch your boost gauge and don't go above say 25#. and have someone watch for the alky spraying..just be careful not to get on anything like paint :eek:

Also, you never said what type of alky you are running, methanol, or iso, or iso/water mix.
To me it still sounds like its not getting enough alky unless the knock is in fact false from the shifts, but turning the timing down would have no effect then...

I'm using denatured alcohol straight. Will check pressure. According to SMC the pressure according to the inline gauge is supposed to be > 100 with the engine running and holding down the test button.

i can not read your data either. whats your 02s on a WOT pass with erics chips i have been having to run my fuel pressure 36-38 range give me a call and we can see if we can get it solved. 469-853-7062