Anyone here build any Roadkill style drag cars?

Looks like the beginning of what the Rat Rod craze devolved into.

Cutting up perfectly good resto candidates to purposely make them look like crap. Permanently ruining the cars & parts in the process.

Most of these cars were never going to get restored, if anything, they were saved from turning to dust. They aren't trying to ruin looks, just bring them back to life without spending a fortune on a restoration

You guys do realize the Rotsun has like $30,000 into it, and the Muscle Truck has a big money drivetrain too. Just cuz it's roadkill doesn't mean its cheap.

Yeah, some of them have lots of money dumped into them, but not all of them. I know the drivetrain and supporting mods can add up- same as any other car. Just depends on how much you want to spend

Ok I get it…but it's not for me. (n) I like NICE cars, not ones which look like pieces of junk.

Claude. :(

It's not for everyone, I get it. I still like nice cars, too. My 68 Camaro SS is getting restored, it's not getting roadkilled. I'm mostly referring to what most people consider undesirable cars, like wagons, 4 doors. I'm still considering getting a decent shape "old man" Buick and just going the regular sleeper route like this car

It's not for everyone, I get it. I still like nice cars, too. My 68 Camaro SS is getting restored, it's not getting roadkilled. I'm mostly referring to what most people consider undesirable cars, like wagons, 4 doors. I'm still considering getting a decent shape "old man" Buick and just going the regular sleeper route like this car

Don't even need to go too far back to get those undesirable cars with potential. Just think what you can do with a mid 90s roadmaster? 350 under the hood, all ups available same as the 90s impala ss. FYI for those in jersey this looks like a great candidate!
http://app.letgo.com/k8Mk/NXXBmECM0D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Denmah and the sloppy crew, over on the LS1 board, has some fast junk, low buck sleepers.
4 dr fords, whatever is cheap. JY Ls based, $500 engines.

IMG_3974.JPG
Kelly, this is my roadkill t type. It was my plan from the beginning. Biggest expense was the transmission. Everything else was purchased used from the board and stuff left over from other projects. We trailered it down to the North Carolina event to work some bugs out at Richard's.

View attachment 305092 Kelly, this is my roadkill t type. It was my plan from the beginning. Biggest expense was the transmission. Everything else was purchased used from the board and stuff left over from other projects. We trailered it down to the North Carolina event to work some bugs out at Richard's.

Shoot! That T looks pristine compared to mine. I have "OEM" rust, dents, clapped out seats, no A/C.
But, it does have a "decent" drive train. :smuggrin:

IMG_3992.JPG
Shoot! That T looks pristine compared to mine. I have "OEM" rust, dents, clapped out seats, no A/C.
But, it does have a "decent" drive train. :smuggrin:

Same here, Chuck!!! I had to tack weld the bottoms of the door skins back to the shell so they wouldn't rattle when I close the doors. Quarters, trunk, and floor boards are all rusty. Decent drivetrain, but distance is its best asset.

View attachment 305121

Same here, Chuck!!! I had to tack weld the bottoms of the door skins back to the shell so they wouldn't rattle when I close the doors. Quarters, trunk, and floor boards are all rusty. Decent drivetrain, but distance is its best asset.

Oh yeah, I've had plenty of those kinds.......... My problem is they didn't run worth a damn, either. :(

Mine is actually pretty nice as far as rust goes. A couple small door corners, a rear fender lip, is it. All the rest is cosmetic, such as dents, chips, scratches. Been repainted, and should be stripped.
The frame has had a lot of reinforcement work done to it, blasted painted, etc.

View attachment 305092 Kelly, this is my roadkill t type. It was my plan from the beginning. Biggest expense was the transmission. Everything else was purchased used from the board and stuff left over from other projects. We trailered it down to the North Carolina event to work some bugs out at Richard's.

That car looks great, TIm! How did it run?