Anyone have experience with Pro-Line trailers

Beamer

If so, where did you get it from? GA, VA or IN ?

I am looking to get a trailer and they seem to have the best prices. I am in GA, and we have several (I think 13) trailer manufacturers down here. Pro-Line has the best price hands down.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Some negative "G2" on the bullet.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380133

BE REAL CAREFUL as to what is promised, and what is reality with any of these guys.....That industry has a shaky rep.
Screw folks, close up, open up under another name....
Had my enclosed trailer in a deal like that....

DO NOT put $ up ft. If you can't walk up to it, check it out, and MEASURE it, walk away. Any/all promises must be in writing.
Call me, if you want more G2......

X2

There is a reason that it is the cheapest and It probably isnt because they "like" you.
Look it over real close before you put your hard earned money into it. They know how to make it look good and where to skimp to save the money and you dont find it until you own it. Caveat emptor

Just a few of the issues I had w/ the 24' enclosed:
Out of square over 4". Cabinets would not fit in corners.:mad:
Wiring pinched at top/ft of wall.
Axles out of alignment, due to the screwed up frame.
"Undercoated"...yep. They then laid the flooring on a bunch of screws, and then put it down...Joints were jacked up due to screws caught on the floor joists.
Roof was 1 piece..Yep, 1 piece at a time, then sprayed the joints w/ sealer all over the place. Roof screws stuck in the sealer.

This thing was a TOTAL piece of crap...The seller escaped a serious a$$ whipping, by being in the hospital w/ a heart attack!
For a new trailer we bought a Goldrush...BIG bucks, done right, sold 5 yrs later, for what we paid for it..

Chuck, was this an experience with a Pro-Line?

Thanks for your inputs !

Mike
Mike, it was not. It was "built" by some wannabe, soon to be famous, racer, in Indy. I found out later, that he didn't build them. They were out of some shady operation in Elkhart...
I posted to let folks know of some of the items to look for.
Billy is dead-on w/ his comment on name brand/well known builders.......
A suggestion: Ask for a list of other owners.;)

Mike, it was not. It was "built" by some wannabe, soon to be famous, racer, in Indy. I found out later, that he didn't build them. They were out of some shady operation in Elkhart...
I posted to let folks know of some of the items to look for.
Billy is dead-on w/ his comment on name brand/well known builders.......
A suggestion: Ask for a list of other owners.;)

Thanks for the reply Chuck, I very much appreciate your insight and warning. Pro-Line has 3 manufacturing facilities (actually 4). Elkhart is one (with several other trailer builders), another in VA and there are 2 in GA that are about 30 miles apart. Could they have been the builder that the arsehole used for your trailer, it is a possibility and I will keep that in mind. Their VA office has an accredited A+ BBB rating since 2007 (I know that A+ may not mean a lot), but have 3 complaints on record. The Elkhart facility is not accredited, but has an A+ rating with no complaints. I can't seem to find info on the GA facilities, my internet is wacky right now...

If I decide to go with Pro-line, I will not pay until the trailer is completed and a thorough inspection is made. I am going to take a good friend that has had several trailers (Jim Rodgers - Buick guy also) with me to inspect it also. I will pay attention to the cabinets, how the fit inside and all.

I have not made my mind up yet to what I am going to do, I have time to decide...

Mike

The Pro line trailers are made in the same assembly line as many others. Some brands omit parts or materials for their brand. Im happy with my cheappo enclosed "Prowler" brand. I had options like extra floor stringers ,12 in tongue extension and big axles. It goes down the road just fine and will get my GN and golf cart to the track nice and clean. It is not overly heavy with fancy cabinets and flooring. I picked mine up in Willacoochee.

You really have to think about the trailers purpose and how much use it will have. What ever you get, upgrade to 16 in wheels and tires.

The Pro line trailers are made in the same assembly line as many others. Some brands omit parts or materials for their brand. Im happy with my cheappo enclosed "Prowler" brand. I had options like extra floor stringers ,12 in tongue extension and big axles. It goes down the road just fine and will get my GN and golf cart to the track nice and clean. It is not overly heavy with fancy cabinets and flooring. I picked mine up in Willacoochee.

You really have to think about the trailers purpose and how much use it will have. What ever you get, upgrade to 16 in wheels and tires.

That is exactly what I am thinking also.

I am looking at getting a 24' flat front (I think the Vnose trailers have a purpose, but are not easy to deal with storage and cabinets), 12" extended tongue, 7K axles, 16" / 8 lug alloy wheels, metal finished interior, upper and lower cabinets, generator box w/ slides, .030 seamless exterior, one piece roof, RTP floor/door/flap, chrome cap on the front, 12' chrome wrap around the trailer, 110 power system, wired and braced for air condition in future and a 48" side door. This package is $9,145 plus tax. I am going to check on rear door internal latches verses the external swing latch.

Thanks for your input !

Mike

I highly recommend a 28'. Don't go with a 24' with lower cabinets, you loose approximately 2'-3' with cabinets.

Get the torsion axles also.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I do not want to go to 28' to keep the weight down to allow more versatility of the pulling truck. I will be good with space. I will inquire the cost for torsion axles. I have those on my boat trailer and think they are nice.

There is a pretty good deal on a used Horton Hauler trailer down in Tampa that is 28' and loaded, even with air. But I do not want that weight of a trailer and be stuck with requiring a super duty truck to pull with. I currently have a 2000 7.3 turbo deisel Excursion, but some day that may be gone and I want the ability to pull with something like a Z71 truck still.

Thanks again for your inputs.

Mike

Beamer said:
I do not want to go to 28' to keep the weight down to allow more versatility of the pulling truck. I will be good with space. I will inquire the cost for torsion axles. I have those on my boat trailer and think they are nice.

There is a pretty good deal on a used Horton Hauler trailer down in Tampa that is 28' and loaded, even with air. But I do not want that weight of a trailer and be stuck with requiring a super duty truck to pull with. I currently have a 2000 7.3 turbo deisel Excursion, but some day that may be gone and I want the ability to pull with something like a Z71 truck still.

Thanks again for your inputs.

Mike

Trying to pull an enclosed car hauler loaded with less than a 2500 isn't a good plan imo. You might can get it done but my days of white knuckles and puckered parts has long passed in an effort to save a nickel or two.

Thats a pretty fancy trailer you are getting there. All that trim, cabinetry, metal walls ect.. add considerable weight to the trailer. My 24 ft Vnose trailer with wood paneling walls weighs 3500 lbs empty. Im currently looking for some cheap 6 lug truck take off wheels to swap over to 16 in wheels and tires.

Update on my trailer...

I have had it a few months and pretty much have it set up the way that I want it. Upon my initial pick up date, I observed the door had T hinges and I requested piano hinge. I told them right away that I would not accept this. The owner called me on my cell phone and offered me a spare tire for my inconvenience. I accepted that, although they tried to give me a steel wheel/bias tire at first. I demanded the 16" 8 ply alloy wheel/tire combo and I got it. Then I found out after a few days into having the trailer, that it was not built to my order specs. The walls were supposed to be 7/16" plywood, and I specifically requested that no OSB be used. One afternoon while customizing the cabinets inside, I observed a bare spot of interior finishing metal. There was OSB behind it. I was quite pissed. After a few calls, I was getting the runaround between the manufacturer (Freedom Trailers in GA) and the seller (Pro Line in VA). After a week of feeling I was nobody any longer since they had my money, I made a complaint to the Better Business Bureau in Pro Lines home town of Boones Mill, VA. Incredibly... The next day, I received a phone call from the owner. It is amazing how quick they can respond to that report. I had lengthy conversation with the owner of how he was explaining that the board is only used to give the interior finish metal rigidity and not be wavy. I explained that if I ever have a leak, the OSB board will act completely different from plywood. He then stopped trying to convince me that it was no big deal. I then said that the entire interior will need to be gutted. We determined that we both did not want that. They were going to build me another trailer. He then asked me what would help me decide to keep the trailer the way it was. I accepted and agreed refund of $1200. That puts the total price of my trailer at $8,000 overall.

It is a 24’

Race ready interior
L shaped upper and lower cabinets
Generator box with slide out
12” extended tongue with standard front (no V front) and steel cap
Wired and braced for air conditioning
All LED lights on exterior
Power panel with lifeline, 3 electrical outlets, 2 a/c lights in overhead
4’ side entry door
4K lbs rear ramp
7K Dexter axles with brakes on each axle
16” alloy wheels with E load radial tires (and matching spare)
One piece roof
Seamless exterior with upgraded thickness exterior (white)

I think I have a solid trailer overall. Having the seamless roof does give me more peace of mind with leaks. I don’t think the OSB will ever get damaged, and specially hope not !

Mike

Another update...

I called a week and a half ago, as a buddy of mine is looking for a trailer and would buy exactly like I have if the price was close. I was told they would call back with a price. 4 days later I called. Only to find out that my account was flagged for only the owner to handle. He was supposed to call me. 3 days later I called to see what was happening and they said they would not sell me another trailer. They used the excuse that they did not want to disappoint me again.

Pretty much I told them that they sell C class trailers as they know I want an A class trailer and will not accept less.

Just a FYI on ProLine trailers.

I still feel that my trailer was well worth the money I paid after I was refunded. But they tried to send me off in something different than what the contract called for.

Mike