anyone have a hardtime pumping gas??

Re: Where is vent line?

Originally posted by V6Turbo
Can you please describe where the fuel vent line is located....or send pictures.

Wish I had a digital camera to help....but I doubt that I'd have pictures of that anyway....

You have to drop the tank....so if you haven't already, think about a new fuel pump and check the lines when you put it in. If I remember right, it is about 6" and looks like the vent for a rearend.....even if I'm wrong....it is the only line that isn't going anywhere.

It shouldn't be that tough....just do it with an empty tank to save your face from being smashed if the fuel shifts and the tank falls off the jack!! ;)

Mark

what do you have to do? just make sure its not clogged? i did my FP about a month ago and dont really want to drop the tank again but i guess a headache for one afternoon is better than a headache everytime i fill my tank

Re: Re: Where is vent line?

Originally posted by Maltman
It shouldn't be that tough....just do it with an empty tank to save your face from being smashed if the fuel shifts and the tank falls off the jack!! ;)

you can always drain the tank by putting a hose over the end of the fuel rail tap (after removing the shreader valve of course) and then jumping the alternator to the black connector behind the alternator.. (there are two, one is green and the other is black, both dont go to anything.) and watch that tank drain, full to empty in 30 seconds.. oh yeah

-Neil

Originally posted by fireberd350
what do you have to do? just make sure its not clogged? i did my FP about a month ago and dont really want to drop the tank again but i guess a headache for one afternoon is better than a headache everytime i fill my tank

I actually tried to blow through mine when the assembly was out....I can't tell you for sure if the vent line comes off...I think the factory has a fixed metal band on it? If so, do what you can to check the ventilation without destroying the band...otherwise, cut if off and replace the band with an adjustable band. You should be able to blow into the tank if you remove the check valve from the end of the line....if you can remove it. Otherwise, like I said....you'll need to take out the fuel pump assembly and check it that way :(

Also, check to make sure that your filler line (from the cap to the opening in the tank) isn't pinched at the bends.....very possible if you had the tank out and it wouldn't take much of a collapse to cause your headaches.

I have the same problem. I also have a hold down bracket on. Maybe this is a good way to pick up guys. If you wiggle the nozzle around it will fill up sooner or later.

You got the right idea with the stay down holder. These guys are too cheap to buy one because they're afraid they'll lose their gas cap. :rolleyes: :p

Levittown, PA.........I used to be a teenage singing star there just a few decades ago. :D