anyone have a black limited?

I guess if someone says it's a Limited, then it's a Limited.

Strange thing is it doesn't have a Limited dash plate, seats, door upholstery, carpeting or emblems. Of course all that may have been swapped out for standard T items.

I often thought about replacing my interior with a standard T interior and removing my Limited emblems altogether. :p

People see the wide stainless moldings that run the bottom of the doors and along the rockers and automatically assume the car is a limited which isnt the case as that trim was optional on regular Regals just as it was on a Limited model. Same goes for the rare cornering lights.
Not all Limited's had this trim or even bright/chrome trim as some came with the black out package. But most had the bright trim.
What makes a Limited is:
Column shifter
special door panels with hinged pulls
extra thick cut pile carpet on floor and doors
special back lit passenger side dash applique
Limited badges on both rear quarters
Pillow topped split bench with folding arm rest or 45/45 pillow top seats with short center console (still column shifted)

Originally posted by DR BOOST
id like to see some pics of black limiteds or tr's with all of the chrome on them.

thanks

surej

I have a black Limited with chrome and a landau top.
Needs a complete resto.

IMG_4209.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg

P9200669.jpg

Lafleur072004-06-03.jpg

Originally posted by GNVAIR
People see the wide stainless moldings that run the bottom of the doors and along the rockers and automatically assume the car is a limited

guilty as charged. :)

Originally posted by GNVAIR
What makes a Limited is:

Column shifter
special door panels with hinged pulls
extra thick cut pile carpet on floor and doors
special back lit passenger side dash applique
Limited badges on both rear quarters
Pillow topped split bench with folding arm rest or 45/45 pillow top seats with short center console (still column shifted)

Check
Check
Check
Check
Check
Check
Check

Sorry, it's not black though :D

Attachments

• int4.jpg
    int4.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 279
buickfreak NICE CAR MAN!!!

After seeing all these pics of a black and chrome turbo T, makes me want one reeeeeaaaalllllyyyyy bad.

Total opposite of the WE4 and looks just as nice!

BW

This is my 87 T, its not a limited. Black with grey interior and chrome trim.

Attachments

• mvc-008s.jpg
    mvc-008s.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 202
mygrain....how do you like those wheels? I love mine! Did you have any rubbing problems? I get the left front rubbing at full lock about 25% of the time and that's it.

The question should be does anyone have a black limited with WO2 black out trim. That I would like to see, cuz there can't be more then a few out there with that trim package ;)

Originally posted by Grand Nash
The question should be does anyone have a black limited with WO2 black out trim. That I would like to see, cuz there can't be more then a few out there with that trim package ;)
I don't think you could. According to Kirban's Guide to 1986-1987 Turbo Regals:

Product Information Bulletin "Paint Restriction for Exterior Sport Package (W02)." It's dated two days earlier, November 13, 1986 when they announced you could no longer order a black Regal Turbo-T with the W02 exterior sport package. They did this so it would not be confusing having two Turbo Regals available at the same time in black. The only differeence between the new WE4 version and a black one with the W02 exterior sport package would be the WE4 version would have matching black bumpers. The other one would have had chrome bumpers. Assuming 1987 Turbo Regals production began in August of 1986, that gave you a 90-day span of production for ordering a black Regal Turbo-T with the W02 exterior sport package.

How many did Buick make? No one knows for sure. How many have you seen? Not many, I bet. In all these years I have seen fewer than ten. Keep in mind, the production date on the door jamb would have to be prior to mid-November of 1986 to be an original. So, while others seek the WE4 version for it's rarity, now that you have read this book and have seen the Production Information Bulletin verifying what I have said, the real rare one is a black 1987 Turbo-T with the W02 exterior sport package. We have only owned one of these black Turbo-Ts in the last ten years.

I know theres at least one 87 Limited w/black trim & I know who has it. But its in pieces waiting to be restored. That means there has to be others ;)