Anyone got 275/60/15's on 10 wide - stock frame?

You are incorrect, sir. Every car is different, so what rubs on yours may not rub on someone elses. These are measurements that I've tried on my car and may or may not work on yours or someone elses. Also, read the above posts, they're running 15x10 with 4 3/4 backspace (5 inch with 1/4 spacer).
I know that not two cars are exactly alike...Re-read my first post (#9).
Also, look at the pics I posted...I may be "incorrect" like you said, but what else can I say other than like it or not, THEY FIT (15"x10" with a r.s. of 4 1/2") and NO FRAME NOTCH.:rolleyes:

toomanymods said:
I was at a car show recently, and a gentlemen was running 15x8 with 3 1/2 backspace with 275/50's. I measured his clearance between the tire and the frame and it was around 1 1/4 inches. He easily could of ran 4 inches of backspace, or even 4 1/4 without rubbing.
What's the point in going to a rear spacing of 4", if 3 1/2" is ok ???:confused: That's what I used to have (15"x8" with a r.s. of 3 1/2") before going to 10" wide wheels.

Claude.:cool:

I agree, 15x8 looks and works best on a 4" bs.

I run a 17x8 with 4inch bs with 275 50 M&H drag radials and its a perfect match for the width. They will not clear ATR dual 3 exhaust on my T because of the near 28 inch diameter, so I move them out 3/4 inches with a billet spacer without having to roll the fender. On my GN they fit fine with no spacers.

toofastforyou; What's the point[/B said:
in going to a rear spacing of 4", if 3 1/2" is ok ???:confused: That's what I used to have (15"x8" with a r.s. of 3 1/2") before going to 10" wide wheels.

Claude.:cool:

The point is 3 1/2 is "ok" but 4 is tucked more and just looks better. Also would let you lower the rear.
Here is Mike's Limited with 15x8 w/4" bs w/ 275-60-15 MT

Attachments

• Harlansburg-last day 036.jpg
    Harlansburg-last day 036.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 811
  • Harlansburg-last day 032.jpg
    Harlansburg-last day 032.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 817
The point is 3 1/2 is "ok" but 4 is tucked more and just looks better. Also would let you lower the rear.

John, I think that it all comes down to a matter of personal preference. I guess that with an 8" wheel, either a 3.5" or 4" rear spacing will work, one being tucked in more than the other...
As for lowering the rear of the car, I know that nowadays, it seems to be "in" to lower, slam down the car, but I've never been too crazy about that...I have the tendency to go the opposite way, having added some 1 1/2" thick rear coil spring spacers having the car to sit high at the rear (which I personally prefer), but most importantly to make more room for the slicks which will otherwise rub against the frame and wheel opening lip. But the street tires are ok and never do rub.

see 'ya!

Claude. :wink:

Time to notch that frame to fit those slicks Claude! Then you could bring it back down a little (better for the track).

Time to notch that frame to fit those slicks Claude! Then you could bring it back down a little (better for the track).

Yeah, maybe...but I don't really want to do that...:rolleyes: :redface: besides, I've seen some cars running low 8 sec. and that weren't tubbed or notched...which proves that there are ways to go fast with a stock, uncut frame.

Claude.:wink:

These are my BFG no drag radials that I currently have one. I also have 7/32 spacers that gives me about an inch with no issues... That's on 15X8 rims.

Attachments

• DSCF2261.jpg
    DSCF2261.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 702
JR's - I currently have Nitto 275 60 15's on Weld Drag Stars 15x10 4.5 BS and I want to go to those new 295 55 MT's - How do you like them? Glad to see someone have them on the same dimension wheels.

JR's - I currently have Nitto 275 60 15's on Weld Drag Stars 15x10 4.5 BS and I want to go to those new 295 55 MT's - How do you like them? Glad to see someone have them on the same dimension wheels.
i got no track time on them but so far so good:biggrin:

I have 275 x 60 x 15s on 15 x 8" American racing billet rims with 4" backspacing along with bell tech springs and a moser 12 bolt rear and the fit is perfect-1/4" spacing on the frame and wheel mouldings clear no problem if I want to lower it some more-I think on a 10" rim you would need to go to the 295 x 55 x 15s.

mine has been notched tho, but i like the way my reg radial work on a 10 inch wheel... i can run 27# of air in them and still have 1.68 60ft best so far.. not bad for reg radials.. not dr's

what are you running for tires?