Anyone Going - N Alabama - Aug 9 show at Highland Baptist and Aug 23 show in Ardmore?

Grimster

Grumpy Redneck
2008revisedcarshowflyer.jpg

and
flyer1.jpg

I'm planning on attending both, anyone else?

Got her all shined up and ready for tomorrow, on one hand I hope it's the only turbo regal there (no competition) on the other I'd like to see a bunch show up :)

Cool you gonna be there?

Last year at the Ardmore show there were 3, one was a lower mileage car than mine but in roughly the same shape, he had a for sale sign on it for $24,900 and the other was a true road warrior, don't think he even washed it before bringing it.

Cool you gonna be there?

Last year at the Ardmore show there were 3, one was a lower mileage car than mine but in roughly the same shape, he had a for sale sign on it for $24,900 and the other was a true road warrior, don't think he even washed it before bringing it.

Yea, Leaving in a a few minutes.

Just got back and am getting pics uploaded.

I'm still a bit :confused: over the 1st place in the 75 and up category. A more or less stock 07 Mustang GT? Did I miss something?

DSCF1050.sized.jpg

The Nova and Vette I could see, those were NICE cars (that Vette was awesome) and the work under his hood was extraordinary. But what was extraordinary about the Mustang?

DSCF1099.sized.jpg

DSCF1100.sized.jpg

I took the wrong car I guess, shoulda entered my wife's 2008 HHR SS it only has 3500 miles and woulda cleaned up really nice I guess and won the points, shoulda let her drive my Buick to work yesterday and spent all day detailing her car :). Just don't see the reason behind taking a car anyone can go buy at a dealer and entering it in a show unless it's something really nice, rare, or sought after, or just somewhat unique and customized, perhaps a Shelby Mustang, or maybe a high end Vette, maybe even a Challenger SRT8 (since they're pretty rare right now, in a year or so that won't be the case).

My pictures are still uploading, I got at least one of every car there (I think) somehow I totally missed all the motorcycles, not sure how I managed to.

Grimster's Stuff :: 2008 Righteous Rods car show

The upload could still take a while so if you click in the next hour or so you might not get all the pics since they'll still be uploading.

I woulda stayed and chatted more but after all the hot sweating cleanup all day yesterday and the walking around sweating at the show I was starting to get cramps when I stood up so I was in a hurry to get home and just sit down and drink some water.

Just got back and am getting pics uploaded.

I'm still a bit :confused: over the 1st place in the 75 and up category. A more or less stock 07 Mustang GT? Did I miss something?

The Nova and Vette I could see, those were NICE cars (that Vette was awesome) and the work under his hood was extraordinary. But what was extraordinary about the Mustang?

I took the wrong car I guess, shoulda entered my wife's 2008 HHR SS it only has 3500 miles and woulda cleaned up really nice I guess and won the points, shoulda let her drive my Buick to work yesterday and spent all day detailing her car :). Just don't see the reason behind taking a car anyone can go buy at a dealer and entering it in a show unless it's something really nice, rare, or sought after, or just somewhat unique and customized, perhaps a Shelby Mustang, or maybe a high end Vette, maybe even a Challenger SRT8 (since they're pretty rare right now, in a year or so that won't be the case).

I woulda stayed and chatted more but after all the hot sweating cleanup all day yesterday and the walking around sweating at the show I was starting to get cramps when I stood up so I was in a hurry to get home and just sit down and drink some water.

Was good to meet you. It is a shame about how the judging turned out in some categories They were short handed on judges, Then again it's all about fun anyway. The judges got together after the show and tossed around some ideas to make it better.

Yeah it was good to meet you too :)

"Desirability" or rarity or something along those lines should definitely count highly in a car show judging, else you get 2007 Mustangs that are common as dirt and haven't even had time yet to get good and dirty (since it's only been off the lot a few months or a year or so) winning trophies when they're more or less an "off the lot" condition car. A car you can find at least 6 of in any Wal-Mart parking lot would rate the lowest possible score on Desirability unless it's been thoroughly customized.

I mean heck I almost skipped taking a picture of the Mustang at all because after I checked it over for upgrades and improvements and all my untrained eye found was a CAI I was like "meh" but then I said "no your mission is to get a picture of EVERY car here even the boring ones".

That brings up another peeve of mine, I don't vote (at the Ardmore QB Club show) on any car with a for sale sign in the window :) To me you should show a car that's your own, that you cherish and plan to keep, not use the show as a means to trying to sell your car and get something else. Just my take on it, and people call me grumpy.

You should let me know anytime you're heading to the Huntsville Dragstrip I eventually want to get my car tuned in and get some runs in.