Anyone go to Gateway last night?

TommyV8

If not, you are smarter than me. Heat+humidity= :( . My e.t.'s were off by about 4 tenths, trap speeds down by 2-3 mph. Not good. It was enough to squash 2 Stangs and a 300ZX though.:D I did see a dark-colored TB with what appeared to be GN badges, anybody on here?

I was there watching last night with my boy. The Buick you seen had a V8 in it. What color was your Camaro.

It's pewter. I was with my g/f in a dark red Z28 most of the time, her plates say "I Rock" and it has an "Import Killer" decal on the back. People remember her car more easily than mine, that's why I bring it up. Anyway, was that Buick someone you know? I coulda sworn I saw Grand National emblems, but I could be wrong, I had sweat running into my eyes.:(

Hey Rob, you have more dragstrip experience than me and yesterday was the first really hot day I've raced. Is it normal to be 4 tenths slower just because of weather conditions? My 60 ft times were the same as usual. I know heat and humidity have an effect, but 4 tenths sounds like a lot, I'm a little worried. :confused:

I seen your car. Nice ride!!!! As for being off 4 tenths, yes the heat did hurt you. I mean we had like 98 degree weather with a heat index of a 112. This is the time of the year i really don't race. Us turbo and blower cars hate this time of year. I wouldn't be worried, just wait until September and go back out there and run it again when the weather gets cooler.

Thanks for the compliment Rob! Yeah, I can't wait for September or even better October and November!:D