Anyone go shopping today?

mjdwyer23

Woosh WaGoN
I did... from my couch. I picked up a Canon Powershot SD1100 for a pretty good price, now I'm thinking about one of the flat panel TVs that are super cheap! If only I could find a PS3 on sale... Anybody else?

Not me. The wife went though at 4 am...too damn early for me. I hate shopping anyways, especially after a big holiday. After reading THIS it makes me hate shopping even more and it disgusts me that people would act like idiots over a shopping day.

Oh well, hope you had a good Thanksgiving.:)

I went to the auto parts store but that was about it. LOL I only went there because my wife's car needed new brakes and an oil change. I heard about that Walmart fiasco today and man that makes me sad. I hope they can file some charges on some of these people. I'm sure their security cameras were on and filming. God, I hope this doesn't just go away and become another "accident".

Not me. The wife went though at 4 am...too damn early for me. I hate shopping anyways, especially after a big holiday. After reading THIS it makes me hate shopping even more and it disgusts me that people would act like idiots over a shopping day.

Oh well, hope you had a good Thanksgiving.:)

Yeah i just saw that he was a WORKER at Wal-mart at that. i guess he was opening the door and got stampeded. I would open the door but with 2 pit bulls on the leash barking at them. that way they'd come in one at a time.:smile:

I picked up two computers (64bit AMD Athlon 4400) and a laptop last weekend (HP 64bit AMD Turion). A 40 inch LCD and a few odds and ends. I still need to find a cheap sata drive this weekend. This is the one time a year I really put money into my home computers. Last year it was a nice dual head video card and two 22' monitors. I am working on getting current with Microsoft's 2008 server enterprise admin certs so I need a good home test environment. I have 11 machines that now run 2 ghz or better.

The thing that made me pretty mad today was I stood inline at OfficeDepot from 4AM until 6AM and they hand out tickets or certificates for items that may cause a rush in the store. So their rule is you only are allowed one ticket, you pick from the ones available when they come by where you are standing. So, I wanted to pickup one of these computers I got today and a laptop for a friend. Nope, I could only get one item. I have gone to staples on BF for the past five years or so and wanted to try OD. At staples, If you are first in line, you get to call first dibs on any of the items they sell even if you want one of each. I understand 1 per customer and stuff but to say I can only buy one major item today made me pretty mad. My wonderful wife came with me so we were able to grab the last two computers they had for this one deal.