anyone get this off eBay?

I'm curious what it says...1/2 is untrue, I bet. I never write the fine on my ticket and the judge can impose WHATEVER fine he wants!

Wanna go halves on it? :)

The seller says that the information is in HTML format. I wouldn't be surprised if someone hasn't already stuck it on a web server somewhere. :p

randomly imposed tax

yeah that's what it is. A ticket is not written to make you slow down . It's not a safety concern. It's not written because someone broke the law. It's a randomly imposed tax. uuuummmmm dddduuuuuuhhhh wwwhhaaattt

obey the speed limit and save $9.99 at a minimum, sir.:eek: Drew

it must have some good info in it b/c hes got a 100% positive feedback and thats all he sells.....i need it b/c its too late for me....got a court date coming up sometime this month.....just waiting for the letter in the mail:(

ill go halves w/ ya if ya want....
anyone wanna make it thirds or fourths:)

My secret is to date a girl in law school :D . I got nailed for 47 in a 30 after a party (I was DD, no alky at all, but the people in the car were a different story). I claimed idiocy to the officer, since I didn't see the sign, but since I had a ticket last year I got the full amount, no lieniancy. Plus I forgot to warn the officer about my sleeping Pitbull in the back seat, who promptly woke up barking and scared the crap out of the poor guy.
I got a bunch of lawyer kid advice, made up a presentation showing that the sign was off-center ( I did NOT bend it after the fact...although...:p ). The officer didn't show up and the DA requested a continuance. I said "no way" and walked. Not a bad way to spend a morning off of work. I was psyched since it would have only been my 2nd ticket, but they were both for 15+ and in the same year, so it would've been traffic school for me.
It's always worth it to contest the ticket. There's a chance the officer won't show up. And even if they do, they're usually cool with reducing the fine, as is the judge. It doesn't hurt. Now I keep it 9 over, its not something I wanna roll the dice on again.

SUGGESTIONS

In some locations, the F.O.P. badge on a corner of your license plate gets a more "forgiving" attitude from some constabularies.

Far less so with state Highway Patrols.

Valentine One, a sharp wide-angle eye, going with the flow, never being a lead-dog slot at the head of a caravan, watching truckers for cues...good preventive techniques.

Ultimately, for every ticket we get, there were a thousand others we could've gotten, but didn't.

After getting popped, the Prayer For Judgement plea, going to a Driver's Class, presenting a clean record for consideration, having the moving violation changed to a non-moving offense...all are common methods to negate the horrific effect of a conviction on your insurance rates.

Ask the Magistrates & local Officers for suggestions. They've seen and heard it all 1000s of times before. Sometimes, your outcome may be determined most by which Judge hears your plea, or what your local traffic court DA is like, or just how heavy the case load is in your municipality.

It is your local people that will decide, so I'd get by to talk with them now for information, way before court time. You may be very pleasantly surprised by the help you'll get.

HTH :)

There's actually some good tips there.

I can only speak for my department, but we are required to calibrate our speedometers and radars every 6 months and ALWAYS carry both to court. We also attend court about 95% of the time as we get in trouble for not showing up. I forgot about the court date once and the court called me up and said "Get your butt in here." An hour later, there I was. :)