Anyone from Nevada/Texas know this car?

19TTA89

I know 8sec Pete!!!
I recently bought a Gn...I bought the car from a Guy in NY,He had the car a very short time,And didnt know much about it.(Wife wasnt at all happy with his new toy..lol)

While running the carfax,I noticed the car came from Nevada,And Texas before that.

The motor is Girdled,And supposedly built by Zimmerman racing..Arizona Gn?And the Trans done by Len Freeman.But no receipts to back any of it up.

Just wondering if the previous owner,Or anyone who may know the previous owner is on here.

Car runs nice..11.0@121 on 18psi last night...:biggrin:

Here are a few pics of the car...Any help would be appreciated..

PB030871.jpg

PB030872.jpg

PB030873.jpg

I don't have any info to help answer your question. But you sure do have a bad ass looking car! :cool:

contact Len Freeman in Vegas. Can't be that many GNX clones around that he worked on.

I know the car, in fact I did the work on it. It had a FAST system on it that they couldn't figure out. He brought it to me and I converted it back to chip/ecm with a translator and it ran like a champ.
I'll contact the previous owner and see if he wants to comment. Last I heard he was out of the scene and I don't believe he wants to come back.
And yes, it's a nice car. I tried to get the rims/tires out of him in exchange for labor but no dice. Which I totally understood cuz they make the car.

Like i said before you always find the nicest and fastes cars on low boost good luck with it hope to see this one in person before you sell it

I know the car, in fact I did the work on it. It had a FAST system on it that they couldn't figure out. He brought it to me and I converted it back to chip/ecm with a translator and it ran like a champ.
I'll contact the previous owner and see if he wants to comment. Last I heard he was out of the scene and I don't believe he wants to come back.
And yes, it's a nice car. I tried to get the rims/tires out of him in exchange for labor but no dice. Which I totally understood cuz they make the car.

Awesome...That is good news...I knew it had a fast on it at one time...Noticed the IAT in the Plenum..Plus some other wires spliced into.

I would really just like to confirm what is done to the motor/Trans..Also the converter,Whose Converter is it?..It seems a little loose down low,I was around 8psi at 5krpm's on the brake,And it took a bit to get it to start making boost,Once it starts,Its fine..Just getting it going.When Driving the car around it gets into boost very quickly.I believe the car has 3.73's in it..Which I will be swapping out soon.

Here is a video of the car...this is 18psi,I messed up and shot right into D while coming off the brake..The car shifted thru L2 in about 2sec...So it was in D at about the 100ft mark or so...Thru the traps @6300rpm's on the 27" 255/60/15 DR in D...It seemed like way too much rpm and the car seemed to really nose over at that Rpm.

I just got my New 315/45/16 Mickey DR's..I am swapping over to 3.23's..I think it should run well on the 27" tire with those gears.

Grand National 1st trip to Etown. - Car Videos on StreetFire

Tail light out?

Nice run, and nice car.

Thank you ...It was out,After watching the video while at the track I noticed that also.Took care of it.Also has a front bulb out too..:biggrin:

Didnt fix that one yet.

I know the guy that bought it out of New York promptly blew a headgasket. I imagine he got discouraged and that's how you picked it up??
Also if it still has the same exhaust on it, it is extremely restrictive. It would hardly make any boost unless the dump was open.
Not sure about the converter, can't remember is it a lockup or N/L?? If it's a N/L then it's probably a CPT (Art Carr) 19930 That was the hot ticket at the time.

I know the guy that bought it out of New York promptly blew a headgasket. I imagine he got discouraged and that's how you picked it up??
Also if it still has the same exhaust on it, it is extremely restrictive. It would hardly make any boost unless the dump was open.
Not sure about the converter, can't remember is it a lockup or N/L?? If it's a N/L then it's probably a CPT (Art Carr) 19930 That was the hot ticket at the time.

Possibly...He told me his wife was upset about the new toy.Who knows.It was a running car when I got it.And really no sign of stuff being recently assembled.But you never know.It appears to have Steel shim Head Gaskets,maybe a Retorque took care of it??

I did notice in the chip that it is commanding lockup..I was told the converter was a non lock.And it is not locking.It is a 9.5" And Black or very dark Gray,Only marks I could find on it was a bunch of "0's" marked all the way around it,Like the 5's on the D5's.

As for the exhaust...It is probably the same...An ancient Hooker with aerochambers,Even what appears to be a non hollowed 3" cat.It blew a huge hole in the Pass side muffler last week..lol Im in the process of debating which exhaust to go with.

Thanks for your help...I appreciate it.

Anyone else???

Im assuming the previous owner is not interested in helping me out with this...

this is what I have found out so far...

The guy I got the car from Was told the car had a forged crank....Doubt it...Stock balancer on it.

That it is Girdled...Yup..Does have a girdle on it.

That there was a Eaton Posi...With 30 or 31 spline Mosers...Nope,Stock posi(No big deal) 28 spline mosers in it..Just swapped out the 3.73's and went with 3.23's running a 27" tall tire.

It does have the Ptc converter in it that the guy was told it had.

I guess I will just figure it all out on my own...no bid deal,But would of been nice to have the previous owner let me know what was done to the motor.