Anyone else have TERRIBLE gas milage?

I just got over 22 mpg on the trip to BPG Hebron OH Nationals, but around town I'm lucky to get more then 13 mpg. I check my mpg every tank.

Chuck

My combination is similar to yours.
I drive like a grandma "65" on the freeway.
I have a lock up converter and lean cruise.
The best I have done with 4k on the motor is right at 20MPG.

All pump gas has less energy than it did even 5 years ago, let alone 25 years. MTBE was outlawed and now they use ethanol as the oxygenate thereby reducing energy capacity in every gallon and hurting performance at the same time. That being said, my cam brought the mileage down but I still get 18-21 on the highway. I drive 10k miles per year and 50 miles one way to work on a freeway when I do drive it to work. With some highway driving, I usually get 16-18mpg average even if driving hard and it'll still do over 20 if need be so no complaints here.

Mine is addicted to meth…and 93 octane. I need to put a block of wood under the go pedal. I jump into my 67 Camaro from time to time…(It is addicted to NOS and 93 octane) and gets 8 mpg ! It makes me feel better about the Buick.

I get about the same mileage from my TR & my truck. I'm thinking the lead in the right foot could possibly in some way be a minor cause.
:redface:

I wish that was the case. I changed the Maf and now the car won't run at all.
I even swapped the Mac back to a known good one and still won't run.
Please look at my post on tweak.com. (please look at files to help with poor fuel mileage)
And see what I've been going through.

Next time you are in the area look me up
Thanks

Mine is somewhat of a pig too, but that usually happens when I go WOT full boost, which is often. I figure there's no such thing as flooring the pedal to go fast and staying economical at the same time. :cool:

Have you checked to see if you have a slow steady leak? I have a true Grandma's grocery getter and when I hae the hood open and I push the throttle back on the carb...I can see a steady and slow drip of gas; looks to be coming from one of the o-rings on the passenger side of the carb (when facing the engine from the front). It's the original carb from @ Oct-Dec of '83 whe the car was built so...
I found another carb from familycar.com from a company called ARI. I can't wait because even without a turbo, a 3-speed, and whatever tranny the 84's come with, I get about 130-160 to a tank...smh.

So hopefully after this weekend when I order the carb...I should be good to go. I also have a slightly pinched line up near the front from turning the fuel filter screw improperly but that's an easy fix.

Mine sucks......but then again, every time mine comes out, it receives extreme trauma. So its justified when I come home with a smile on my face.