Anyone else found anything unusual or interesting in a GNX?

kna4977

I've redone a few headliners in GNXs. In one of them I found this hanging in the front right above the windshield under the headliner board. In another one I found chewing gum stuck to the headliner board under the material, but I didn't take a picture of the factory installed chewing gum :D Anyone else find anything unusual?
gnxid.JPG
gnxlineid.JPG

One day I found myself in a GNX taking it for a short spin which was both interesting and unusual. :smuggrin:

BOCnews6a1.jpg BOCnews6a2.jpg BOCnews6a3.jpg BOCnews6a4.jpg BOCnews6a1.jpg BOCnews6a1.jpg
BOCnews6a1.jpg
I've redone a few headliners in GNXs. In one of them I found this hanging in the front right above the windshield under the headliner board. In another one I found chewing gum stuck to the headliner board under the material, but I didn't take a picture of the factory installed chewing gum :D Anyone else find anything unusual? View attachment 214202 View attachment 214203

Found this above my headliner...at least I know my car went down the GN assembly line Tuesday, June 23, 1987

Several GNX's I've seen had that metal plate in the headliner. They were supposed to be removed from the vehicle.

Pete

No pictures but the ones we found were loose tucked up in the headliner. The one in the picture above looks like it's attached to the roof.

Pete

No pictures but the ones we found were loose tucked up in the headliner. The one in the picture above looks like it's attached to the roof.

Pete

It's attached to my workbench in the pics, but it was hooked into one of the slots in the roof in the front of the car when I dropped the headliner. Very neat to find. I wonder if it was someone's task or if a computer was required to drill individual holes in a flat piece of thick metal stock so that it would say GNX. Almost looks like dot matrix on a piece of metal so I'm thinking they were done by computer but not sure. It has factory over-spray on it so it was likely near by when a car was painted.