Anyone delete a cheapy aftermarket sunroof?

tb3

elbows & a$$holes
Lets say I purchased a tb that had one of those cheap pop-up sunroofs installed in it. Could a really good body man weld in a patch and sand it down so it looks right? Or would it be better to find a whole top and cut/weld at the post and pillars? Anybody have any ideas?

Some where, some where not. They don't look right to me, makes the car look cheap imo. but to each his own.

I know that there were factory installed units (fully retractable moonroofs) by ASC and then there were dealer installed units. I suppose it's possible someone did their own homemade version. I suppose it's entirely fixable if it is.

I own 2 gn's with the factory installed astroroofs. Which I think look great. The pop-up sunroof on this car is one of those $200 quicky install jobs at one of those stereo, detail, wheel, kiddy places that where really popular in the 90's. Heck, may still even be popular, I'm kind of out of the loop probably.

would probably be easier to find a whole roof. Most of the time when they install a sunroof they cut the roof bows that run across the roof under the sheet metal. Just welding a piece of sheet metal in the opening and not having the roof bows in would cause it to rather floppy.

Thats a good point. Where would be a good place to cut/weld if I where to get a roof from a yard?

Actually, just forget it. This is silly. Now that I think about it, with the amount of time and money that would be spent to do it right, The frames going to need to be supported evenly, then I could run into the hassle of window, seal fit. It would probably make more sense to find a solid body section and replace it. I'm outa here. :frown: