Anyone around SW Chicago have a good body shop to repair rusted T-top sections?

Jason, again, take to him and let him see the issues you have. Then he can give you an accurate quote. Your from Lyons, right? His shop is off I55, exit Pulaski, not that far from you. If the other guys are asking $1,000 for the job, then jump on it. But make sure that they don't start saying "well something else came up, and now it's gonna cost you more".

Either way, good luck with the GN. I also have a Ttop car, it had probably worst issues in the Ttop area than yours. Maybe if you want I can take a look at it sometime and give you my .02cents. I live by Midway.

Didn't I buy a set of GN rims from you awhile back??

William.

With my car being halfway apart I really don't want to drive it anywhere except where the work will be done. My headliner kinda flaps in the wind and I can't put the t-tops back on because all the weatherstripping is gone. You're more than welcome to throw your .02 at it and maybe relay the info to your buddy to get a more accurate quote. The one shop is a friend of mines dad's so he wouldn't nickel and dime me, but he told me around $900 before he even knew I was getting a replacement piece. He was swamped though and can't do anything for a while. Of course I'll double check how busy he is before I send my car off though. The other place I went to is a guy everyone seems to recommend so I can't imagine he would be too shady. He said about 1k if I get the replacement part. Your buddy was the last one I called. His quote was under the assumption he was going to have to find a donor to do the work, which he no longer needs to. I don't know how much of that was built into his guess of 2500 or so, or if it was at all.

And no I didn't sell any GN wheels...wrong guy.

Rafs,
Gilbert is a very close friend/ brother to me. I met him whem I worked with back in the hood when I was 14. I got him into the GNs! He restored my Ttop GN first, and then rest of the GN guys came to get work done on theirs. He does quality work, and I stand behind him...., honestly you need to take the car to him to see what type of work is needed, and how long the labor will be. Also, you can always work something out with him, maybe payments or something. I can talk with him if need be....thats why there's a waiting list on getting the GNs in his shop to get work done on them!
He was probably busy, and told you a qoute while he was running around.
Prasad can attest, he brought some GNs back from the dead.

LMK.

I've called him a few times, and he never returns my calls. I've emailed him too with no response. That leads me too believe if I drop my car off their I'll definitely not be able to get a hold of him and my car will be stuck in body shop limbo forever .

Anyone know if Gilbert if free yet? I left him my contact info but no word yet.

Thanks,
Chris

Anyone know if Gilbert if free yet? I left him my contact info but no word yet.

Thanks,
Chris

Lol...You have to keep calling him. Since he is not a custom cars shop only, he gets behind with all types of cars that comes to his shop. I am on the waiting list as well. If I talk to him I will remind him about your car.

Prasad