Anyone 60' better than 1.341 with a mild or TSM style combo?

SPOT MY 6

Stock crawlin National...
Kicked off a 1.341 this past weekend. Transbrakes are fun! Since the car gets street raced heavily I cant post too many details, but I will tell you that the car has a very mild combo with a stock location intercooler, stock throttle body/plenum, small cam, mildly ported iron heads, etc. This pass the car was uncapped as you can see by the side exiting exhuast. The rear end is a 8.5" 10 bolt with Ford 9" ends, 33 spline spool and the housing is triangulated for re-inforcement. I lowered the car to drop the instant center which definitly helped and I spent some time playing with pinion angle to better my 60' times. It has an ATR bar and air bag in the right rear but it still likes to twist up pretty hard. Big thanks to Lonie Dyers at Extreme Automatics for building me a KILLER 200-4r. HIGHLY recommended!!

PS. Im not tellin what kind of wheels those are!!!!!

One guy got this launch on tape and it is the very first race in the video below:
http://media.putfile.com/RSD20/320

Pics:
53171043-8721-02000180-.jpg

ph.JPG

Good Job...1.34 is very impressive considering you have an ATR bar. I ran a best of 1.36 with the wolfe set up and a 1.43 or 45 on the back tires... :eek: Im afraid of trashing the ring gear so im holding it to 10- 13 psi launches.

Also the car looks great with those wheels. I know what brand they are!!! Ill be moving to my next choice in wheels as not to copy you... ;) :biggrin:

Oh and for the twist cure. Use 2 H&R parts airbag spacers on the pass side air bag. Then experiment with pressure. You should be able to cure lots of the twist like that. The spacers will keep you from having to run astronomical air bag pressure which depending on the car could make the rear unload after the initial hit.

Yea I was thinking about those spacers. We had a video from the same angle that the picture was taken from (which accidentally got overwritten :mad: ) but when I watched it I could see the rear end bounce. It wasnt enough to unload since it left so hard but it was definitly noticable in the video.

I dont see how Kramer's TSM car and Lubrant's TSO car launch so level as they both have an ATR bar like me. I could probably put a click or two in the right QA1 and see if that helps.

You might want to see if the intercooler is tripping the 60' light. If it sticks down far enough and the car is on the way down it could trip the light. I have had things like that happen before. Like breaking the intercooler off..

Thats a possiblity, but the car comes down quite a ways before the beam and the i/c is about 5" off the ground when still. Under accel I would guess its at least another 2-3" or so higher and I dont think the beam is that high off the ground.

SPOT MY 6 said:
Thats a possiblity, but the car comes down quite a ways before the beam and the i/c is about 5" off the ground when still. Under accel I would guess its at least another 2-3" or so higher and I dont think the beam is that high off the ground.

That's good, I wasn't so lucky and had to fix intercooler pipes..

Would you mind sharing what pinion angle you ended up with??
Also, any control arm relocation going on, or stock dimensions?
Thanks,

Don't let the 60ft. fool you, that car is still dead crawlin. :D :rolleyes:

Nice car and always fun to watch. :cool:

Kinda funny in the vix how you had to give the cammin LS1 spots.

brand wheel

what brand wheels r those,they r really sweet,how do they run each,and where may i find a set

Pics:
53171043-8721-02000180-.jpg

ph.JPG
[/QUOTE]

I'm 95% sure that they are American racing "trakstar" series 480 wheels. I think there a sweet wheel :biggrin:

BTW I don't care if you get pissed at me for posting what kind they are quite frankly I think its immature to say I'm not telling you what kind of wheels they are :rolleyes:

ttypewe4jim said:
I'm 95% sure that they are American racing "trakstar" series 480 wheels. I think there a sweet wheel :biggrin:

BTW I don't care if you get pissed at me for posting what kind they are quite frankly I think its immature to say I'm not telling you what kind of wheels they are :rolleyes:
Relax man, I was just jokin around. I have seen 2 cars (one camaro, one mustang) all year at every dragstip I've been to (and Im at the track at LEAST once a week somewhere in the country). Its nice to have something that no one else has. :D ps, thanks for giving me a thumbs down....

BLACKWAWK - As ttypewe4jerk said, they are American Racing TrakStars. They were about $1300 for the set. They felt dangerously light (like Bogarts) but I street drive on them a lot (3200 miles this year) and have had no problems.

Scott - I ended up at -2 3/4 degrees. The LCAs are stock length lowers (UMI) in the factory location. By lowering the car, the lca's are almost perfectly parallel to the ground which is what I think helped the most (Thanks to Hooter my suspension/chasis hero seen in the blue Ford racing jacket behind my car) ;)

Glen - Thanks for the props.

PS that picutre was taken very early in the wheelie. It ended up getting the front left high enough to where you can see air between the concrete barier and the tire :eek: It was about 3x's as high at its peak....

What setting are the QA1s at in the rear? Must be pretty stiff to have that much tire under it combined with the low stance. Thanks for sharing.

SPOT MY 6 said:
I dont see how Kramer's TSM car and Lubrant's TSO car launch so level as they both have an ATR bar like me. I could probably put a click or two in the right QA1 and see if that helps.

Not having a roll bar in the car have something to do with it?

BLACKHAWK said:
what brand wheels r those,they r really sweet,how do they run each,and where may i find a set

C.

Check out the latest Summit Racing catalog. They're listed in there.

K.