Anybody watch AMERICAN CHOPPER?

Yeah, I like Cody. What an opportunity for that kid. I wish I could have had someone mentor me on how to build $150, 000 dollar custom bikes, or cars, or anything like that when I was his age. I like the old style chopper they are building right now.

i think the show is ok, i wish that they would actually show more of the fabrication part of the show rather than fight, it gets kinda annoying.

cody i think has one of the best oppturnities anyone could possibly ask for. he is learning about fabrication, and getting paid for it. he is also getting loads of publicity, i am sure that people will come to OCC just to have 'that 15 year old kid' build them a bike. and when the kid decides to go out on his own, which i am sure he will one day, people might already be banging on his door, because they have seen him work, and they know he has been doing it for a long time. lucky kid IMO.

i like monster garage so far the best, it shows a lot of skills for the most part, except i thought the last one was kinda dump so i turned it off early (the one about building the demolation durbey car, i mean really how hard can that be? :rolleyes: )

IMO i think monster house is pretty dumb. it seems like they tryed to get another jesse james in the game, but they couldnt quite do it. the whole thing just dosent seem to be 'up to par' if you know what i mean...

as far as those neon spark plug wires, i think those are pretty cool. i would not put them on my GN however. but one day i want to get a car such as a late 1940's 2 door mercury. (with a chop top of course) i think that would be slick.

-Neil

I think Sr always nagging Jr is the only way he gets him motivated sometimes. Like the one post said that's how families work. One does all the nagging so the other one doesn't throw in the towel. I think it's a interesting show, they can thank Jesse James for their opportunity. Without Monster Garage I doubt we would have had Orange County Choppers.

Great show. My wife and i watch it all the time.The bikes are very nice , but some of the themed bikes can be a bit tacky!

The arguments are the best part. But overall Sr., Jr. and fat boy all appear to have a very good relationship.They seem to be very close and with the pressures of having such a high $$$ business its only natural to have such drama constantly.

Now Moster Garage was good, but is starting to get to get old, and Monster House plain sux...

Look in the background on the shows and you'll see that most of the bikes they've built are still unsold, just sitting around. A made for TV show but entertaining.

The arguments are the best part. That's why I watch it. The fraggle lookin dude cracks me up. He doesn't smoke weed or anything.:rolleyes: They have some really cool concepts, but even with all their flash they still don't touch West Coast. They really don't fabricate much. They buy all their tanks, fenders, frames, etc etc etc. But the show cracks me up. I'd say that Pauly Jr. is good at keeping his cool. The first time you see his dad do anything but bitch he builds that turd of an old school bike, mostly with hammers. "oops, oops, oops".

i used to work about a mile from occ

i met them a few times, they are pretty cool guys, you have to respect them. the father built up a huge steel buisness from scratch...they sell alot of bikes around here(i hear like 10-15 monthly) there stuff is nice, but unlike jesse james, they farm out stuff like frames and tanks...they are not mail order(some may)...as far as the father/son thing...anyone ever try to work for their old man? or have your son work for you? i bet that if you did , you would have a bit more respect for them. it is very tough to work for your dad, i know first hand. i like the show, it is very entertaining. i think that the discovery channel needs these types of shows, think of the amount of new viewers they have now. I espesially like the jesse james shows, i just wish they had some newer ones , but i like the occ shows as well. if i had the $ i would buy one. check their website out www.orangecountychoppers.com
they have a nice store too. the area that they are in (orange county ny) was really hard hit on 9-11, alot of the people who died were from there, so it is nice that they support the shops around that area. reall, you guys who bitch need to lighten up and enjoy the show.

i love the show... i dont care for some of the styles they do, but to each his own. It's a great thing for everyone in the custom bike community to get the word out and everything. I'm currently building my own bike with a local shop.... its gonna be sweet. So far we have the frame done and are making it a rolling chassis soon. It's going to be sunset orange with chrome flames or something like that (not sure yet) and we are doing an S&S 124ci in it :D

thumbs up to the show

One of the funniest tv moments I have ever witnessed was on american choppers. When paul sr was hot rodding his expedition in reverse and paul jr did the same..and they collided....then...they hook up the chain....like he's just going to ease into it....just to bend the bumper out....and paul jr says "ok dad...here we go...im going to go nice and easy"....then all you hear is the dodge go wot and the whole half of the bumper comes flying off.....classic....I couldnt stop laughing.....proves they are just normal guys like us....

I can't believe they sell that many bikes a month! That's puttin in the work. Even farming stuff out, the work in those bikes is crazy not to mention the time span they seem to get them out in. The Firebike show was the best episode ever, bar none. Their new shop sure looks sweet. '

I wish they would put out a show like that with Troy Trepanier, Roy Brizio, James Ida, Chip Foose, dudes like that. Like "Rides", but without the celebrity interviews (although Titus is way into rods) and without stuff like new thunderbirds. I wanted to see more on last years Ridler winner the Grandmaster.

I know these guys are not fabricators on the level of Jesse James, but I respect what they are doing. It is still hard work to take those components and make a final product that looks that good. The real flashy bikes aren't my favorite type bikes, but I appreciate the work and craftsmanship that went into it.

I am kinda partial to the Fireman bike though. You gotta love a carburator that look like a fire hydrant!:D

You really have to respect the guys who put in all those hours in that carb just to make it look that way. That was a great tribute to 911 and probably the best show to date. I thought the bike theme really worked and it meant something to be remembered like that.

My vote is to have a Cotton's Performance reality show. Jack would be a superstar! Maybe we can get him to yell at his son more (sorry Brian). The highlight would be to see how many trips to Dunkin' Donuts they make in one day:)

That is all I think about when I watch Am. Chopper. How about American Turbo Buick?

Mark F.

87 GN 11.9 @ 115

Originally posted by fitz3820
My vote is to have a Cotton's Performance reality show.

The highlight would be to see how many trips to Dunkin' Donuts they make in one day:)

AND HOW FAST they can make there & back.:D

proves they are just normal guys like us....

yanking your dads bumper off is NOT normal LOL

my and my dad were digging up bushes one time and after alot of cussing i yanked that box wood up in a similar fasion with my old cutlass:D

meh... not impressed.

i also noticed that they don't fab much,and what they do usually ends up gaudy and/or covered in diamond plate:rolleyes: .

the dad has no skill,and tries to hide it by yelling and bitching.the kid does some decent work,but whenever he gets stumped it's "let's put some diamond plate right here":D

that davinci fire hydrant carb was pretty cool tho.