Anybody used the Gbodyparts tubular upper and lower control arms?

Brian, what do your lower arms weigh compared to stockers? Also, what bushings do you use? Are Delrin bushings available?

TRZs here, stock spindles & delrin bushings. Give Cal Hartline a call. Quote from their website:

Chrome-Moly, 100% TIG Welded Design with Billet Aluminum Cross Shafts.
Built-in 7 Degrees of Positive Caster
Designed to Replace Stock Control Arms with No Modifications.
Reduces Weight by up to 12 lbs Per Side. Currently 2 different lowers are available to fit your spring type: Stock or QA1 PRO-Coil System
All other coil over lowers coming shortly!!(Strange, Santuff, etc.)
Uppers Come with Limiters in Place to Control Front Suspension Travel.
Designed for Drag Race Applications Where Spindle Caster Can Range from 0 to 10 Degrees.
Optional PRO Version have Heavy Duty Chrome-Moly Rod Ends in place of Delrin Bushing on the Uppers. ($150 extra)

Includes: 2 Upper Control Arms, 2 Lower Control Arms, Assembled with Balljoints and Control Arm Bushings, and 2 Limiter Bolts.

I'm going for more of the lowered stance so if it doesnt sit as low as I want it to, I'm going to sell the rebuilt lowers and get Savitske Classic & Custom NEW adjustable lower control arms. These will allow an adjustment of -1, +.5" ride height. Also uses Delrin bushings and has new BJ's. They are $540 though!

do you have any more info on these arms ? their not on the SCandC website yet from what I hear their made by SPC is this correct ? I have alot of the products Marcus sells, I love them all, I'm very interested in these.

The uppers are 4# lighter the lowers are 7# lighter. Generally with uppers/lowers you drop 10-12 pounds depending on options. Got this from Steve Spohn himself.

What is the actuall weight of the lowers? They will say they save X amount but until you weigh them, you cant really tell the difference.

We buy in bulk bud. We get 100 uppers produced & shipped to us per month.
No illegal regal they are not Speedway's. I'm sure you read that some where on the internet so that makes it true.
The lowers we are selling faster then our manufacturer can build. We had 12 sets of lowers leave her from Tuesday till today when the red units arrived.
When you buy bulk orders the prices go down with our manufacturers.

Spohn's lowers are about a 1lb less weight Mark. I spoke with Steve at length for 2 years in getting them built.
We got first cracks at them that is why we ran the special in December on them.

Brett looking at Otto's car I have no idea who's uppers he has on there. I would guess a modified Global west unit.

Ok, thanx Bri.

We buy in bulk bud. We get 100 uppers produced & shipped to us per month.
No illegal regal they are not Speedway's. I'm sure you read that some where on the internet so that makes it true.
The lowers we are selling faster then our manufacturer can build. We had 12 sets of lowers leave her from Tuesday till today when the red units arrived.
When you buy bulk orders the prices go down with our manufacturers.

Spohn's lowers are about a 1lb less weight Mark. I spoke with Steve at length for 2 years in getting them built.
We got first cracks at them that is why we ran the special in December on them.

Brett looking at Otto's car I have no idea who's uppers he has on there. I would guess a modified Global west unit.

Thanks for the info, Ill be purchasing them from G-body!

The uppers are 4# lighter the lowers are 7# lighter. Generally with uppers/lowers you drop 10-12 pounds depending on options. Got this from Steve Spohn himself.

Mark I have weighed them. 7# total??? for both??? I like Steve myself but I find that hard to believe from when I weighed them.That was 2 years ago + in PA. but I do not & have never sold anyone a set of Spohn's due to the weight savings on the lowers. Just being honest.

jdpolzin I'll post pics some time this week of actual weight comparisons of all 3. I sell stockers,spohn's & ours. Doesn't matter to me which units you buy. I will post actual weight.

I just sent out some TRZ lowers, boxed, bubble wrapped and packed in peanuts they came in at 17lbs on their shipping scale. Of course their scale could be off some too

and Bweavy.. you may not sell the speedway arms but they are the same design as theirs.

Mark I have weighed them. 7# total??? for both??? I like Steve myself but I find that hard to believe from when I weighed them.That was 2 years ago + in PA. but I do not & have never sold anyone a set of Spohn's due to the weight savings on the lowers. Just being honest.

jdpolzin I'll post pics some time this week of actual weight comparisons of all 3. I sell stockers,spohn's & ours. Doesn't matter to me which units you buy. I will post actual weight.

Brian, thanks for the help on this!!!! I am curious to see the difference!

I just sent out some TRZ lowers, boxed, bubble wrapped and packed in peanuts they came in at 17lbs on their shipping scale. Of course their scale could be off some too

and Bweavy.. you may not sell the speedway arms but they are the same design as theirs.

They are equal lenghts not longer on 1 side then the other. You stated Speedway is longer on 1 side then the other correct?

When you state that people read & figure it must be true,It isn't.

why are the TRZ arms the best around ?

I can't say if they are the better than the G-body units. I know they are designed for drag racing. They have built in travel limiters and have 7 degrees added caster in them.

They are equal lenghts not longer on 1 side then the other. You stated Speedway is longer on 1 side then the other correct?

When you state that people read & figure it must be true,It isn't.
yes they are 2 different lengths.
And thats why I also stated you have to use 2 rights or 2 lefts. I don't know which side, right or left, is the stock g-body length.

The g body lowers are 11.5 lb each, and i would not use those spherical bushings on the street. The g-body arms are the best value in my opinion for strength and weight savings and durability with greaseable bushings

The g body lowers are 11.5 lb each, and i would not use those spherical bushings on the street. The g-body arms are the best value in my opinion for strength and weight savings and durability with greaseable bushings

I appreciate it. Just finishing up tonight & haven't had time to weigh in the Spohn's yet.