Anybody here an optometrist?

turbosam6

My cars suck
I gotta call the doctor tomorrow but I was wondering if any of you guys might happen to be an expert at occular health. I keep busting a blood vessel in my eye, same spot every time. It happens when I get a severe migrain or like this time from having a very bad cough. My eye is throbbing, kinda hurts bad. What do they do about this? My g/f is a nursing student and said that it could lead to blindness, is that true? I hate anyone messing with my eyes, freaks me out. But I don't wanna be blind, so I better call and see whats up. Anybody wanna put my mind at ease?

See the Dr!!.
I was on blood thinners, and did that a few times. Nothing at all to min or ignore. For me it was no big deal, but you never know.

Just for grins you might have them see if your even border line diabetic. It can have a profound effect on eyes.

Lots of Drs nowadays are a little too specialized and miss related stuff sometimes.

See an opthomologist. That's the doctor. Optometrist is a glass fitter when you break it down. No disrespect; just know the difference. Blindness is generally caused by damage to the optic nerve (the plate shaped spot on the back of your retina). Folks with glaucoma can go blind without treating it since it basically pinches the nerve off from pressure. My dad has it and he takes drops everyday. You'll probably survive the night :D but take care of yourself ASAP.

Like was already said, see a Doc! If you're breaking a vessel in the eye, you're probably seeing dark spots (floaters)? Unchecked, this can cause blindness. The blood clouds the vision, preventing the light from getting to the nerves at the rear of the eye. Minor breaks usually get flushed out pretty soon though. Being diabetic for years with high glucose can cause this, among other things. Checked the BP lately? High BP causes me prob's sometimes. My optometrist referred me to a opthamologist who did laser surgery to close the leaks I was having. I forget how many times I've been to the doc for these kind of things. Better to be safe than sorry...

David

GO SEE A DOCTOR NOW !!! While you still can. I am loseing my vision in my left eye, after a year and a half the doctors still are unsure of what is wrong. Some problems are easy some are hard, mine is a hard one. I had to go in and get injections in each eye last week and then in each eye lid, to top it off they give me an injection in my fist to pump dye in so they could take pictures of the back of my eyes. I've been to 11 doctors at Kaiser and 3 at UCLA. So far they say im healthy. So get your ASS in now because it mite take some time.:confused:

I almost lost one too due to a common disease that affected my retina.

Now it's freaking glaucoma suspect problems. :(

Go now and get the problem checked.

Even if you don't have insurance they'll help you work something out if you pay them cash.

Worth the $80 or so for the first visit. NOW GO!!!

I called and spoke to a nurse in the opthomology dept, and she said that it was sorta normal, but if I was having any occular pain that it was going to need to be checked out, or if it affected my vision. I have insurance, but they always d!ck me over with my deductible and stuff, I'd be better off without it. I have yet to have a doctor actually help me, seems like they are all stupid and can't find the problem. I had kidney stones 2 years ago, and went in and they told me I was doubled over in pain and not able to hardly move because I was overweight. Yeah, that happens all the time to overweight people, you'll just be fine and all of a sudden BAM pain! I told them to ***k off, so I got billed for an emergency room visit and some other crap, which I didn't pay. So I pretty much go to the doctor when there is no way I can deal with whatever is wrong, and this eye thing isn't bothering me, just looks like hell. I'll deal, if it gets worse I'll see whats up, but I ain't payin' hundreds of dollars to be told "We don't know". I know this sounds ignorant, but I really dislike doctors, and never get the help I need, so why bother? The nurse said it was bruising of the eye, which in and of itself is not harmful. Thanks for the advice guys, I gotta go teach my dog to guide me around, just in case!

Don't be a DUMB-ASS, go to the doctor. And by the way nobody likes doctors!!! It's still better than losing your vision. You know the big E at the top if the eye chart, that is all I can see out of my left eye. 20/400 vision. In the begining I thought I'm starting to be an old bastard I just need glasses, WRONG. Your not a go see one. Good Luck