Anybody have a schematic?

Anybody have a schematic of the stock bargraph Tachometer & Boost display module?

I looked awhile back with no luck. Caspers will fix it for you, but I didn't really want to spend money on something that is basicly useless. I would like the bar graph to actually move instead of being pegged out:eek:

I'd bet it's a very simple circuit. If you find one please let me know.

Thanks,

It's a fairly simple circuit, but uses specially made networks, which are normally the source of failure. Without the custom chips, a schematic won't do you much good. Read on:

http://www.installationinstructions.com/FYI/tachboost.pdf

I suppose it all comes down to originality. If the part is malfunctioning, the dash won't look right. Even though it's pretty much useless for a slightly modded GN, it maintains original appearance when it works properly...and looks terrible when it doesn't work.

It's a fairly simple circuit, but uses specially made networks, which are normally the source of failure. Without the custom chips, a schematic won't do you much good. Read on:

http://www.installationinstructions.com/FYI/tachboost.pdf

I suppose it all comes down to originality. If the part is malfunctioning, the dash won't look right. Even though it's pretty much useless for a slightly modded GN, it maintains original appearance when it works properly...and looks terrible when it doesn't work.

So John, can you give up the schematic:confused: The chips are nothing more than resistor networks, I just need to see what connects to what. I know you do a great service to thoes that want this to work right, but I'd just like it not to be peged to the right and don't care about how acturate it is. That's what all the other gauges are for:cool:

Thanks,

The schematic won't help your cause. It's the network chips that deteriorate and cause the condition you're seeing, not any other components. They're not standard network chips though, they have multiple resistances, internal connections, and require a laser etch to calibrate both of the displays. Not your Radio Shack variety...I had to have them specially made some years ago.

Hey, the T-Type I have is doing this now. Do I have to replace the chip or just one piece of it? Let me know...