Anybody buy bumper fillers from 'the parts place'?

Gearjammer

I just took my GN out of 13 year storage and one of the front bumper fillers just crumbled in my hands...

I see there are a few different ones available but don't see any feedback on the ones offered by

' the parts place'

out of Chicago...on ebay they call 'em 'rubber' Hmmm... not fiberglass ..not ABS, rubber. Anybody know anything about them? If this has been asked and answered my apology...I couldn't find the thread. Thanks Jim Pittsfield Ma.

The Parts Place, think I would run, right into spoolfools arms. He sells the best on the planet. Also a vendor on this site.

I think the fronts are still available from GM. I got some new ones last year.

The front fillers that The parts place sell are the same as the Goodmark Chinese fillers that are out there.

So are the Goodmarks any good? Best price I have seen on them are on Rock...

Have them on my GN. Fit is damn near perfect, and they match the body line perfectly. Got mine for $145 shipped off of EBay. Look good too installed.

I bought a 1969 Trans Am spoiler from them on ebay, specifically asked if it was for sure for the 69 as the 67/8 is different. It was clearly a lie on their part and they offered my money back but I had to pay return shipping. Was not my fault at all but they didn't care, but they were pissed with the neg feedback....

Why? What happened? Please explain. Thanks.

Bruce '87 Grand National

They lie !!! First and last time I bought from a someone other then a vendor on this site. Like Itsav6 said, they had a heart attack with the neg. feedback I left. Screw them

The front fillers that The parts place sell are the same as the Goodmark Chinese fillers that are out there.

Optimum word here being "Chinese" save yourself the headache and go to Spoofool. You want cheap? You'll get cheap!

Ok, let me set the story straight.

I am the guy that made the fillers, period

I was there to have the molds created. I had the hand in choosing the material

They are made in Taiwan not China, and believe me....there is a difference.. I do not make parts for our cars in China. So if you want to relate any parts that are made in china, go to Walmart for your autoparts

I just took my GN out of 13 year storage and one of the front bumper fillers just crumbled in my hands...

I see there are a few different ones available but don't see any feedback on the ones offered by

' the parts place'

out of Chicago...on ebay they call 'em 'rubber' Hmmm... not fiberglass ..not ABS, rubber. Anybody know anything about them? If this has been asked and answered my apology...I couldn't find the thread. Thanks Jim Pittsfield Ma.

The material that I chose to make the fillers from is a compound name TPUR. Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPUR), Polyester Grade. The compound I am using is BASF

Description: Thermoplastic Polyester Polyurethane Elastomers with excellent mechanical properties and a high abrasion resistance.
Typical Applications: Heel top-pieces, castor tyres and parts requiring a high durability.

Note: Quoted results are from measurements on injection molded test platens, post tempered for 20 hours at 100°C

Information provided by BASF

So, cheap Chinese fillers, hell no.

I am going to start a thread to educate everyone on autoparts and where people get them, the process, the materials, etc.....just so we can keep from putting false information out there about the products.

So Spoolfool.....great product.....my product which is more restoration OEM replacement. Two different animals

The material that I chose to make the fillers from is a compound name TPUR. Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPUR), Polyester Grade. The compound I am using is BASF

Description: Thermoplastic Polyester Polyurethane Elastomers with excellent mechanical properties and a high abrasion resistance.
Typical Applications: Heel top-pieces, castor tyres and parts requiring a high durability.

Note: Quoted results are from measurements on injection molded test platens, post tempered for 20 hours at 100°C

Information provided by BASF

So, cheap Chinese fillers, hell no.

I am going to start a thread to educate everyone on autoparts and where people get them, the process, the materials, etc.....just so we can keep from putting false information out there about the products.

So Spoolfool.....great product.....my product which is more restoration OEM replacement. Two different animals

Last edited:
Two different animals my ass. Ever heard of one China. And by the way have been there many times. Both places. Ever heard of buying good ole USA. Mike at SpoolFool has a superior product. End of story. Happy trails.

Who pissed in your Wheaties today?

Yes I have heard of one China, and I am glad you have gone there many times. Do you go there for work, leisure, government affairs??

If you are suggesting that Taiwan is China, may I ask you how much of their GDP goes back to the mainland? I am also sure you know that TW is a democracy not a communist country right? I am not going to banter with you back and forth like I have with many that seem too ignorant to face the facts that in order to bring a product to market a global source makes sense. I just laughed remembering asking a couple factories in Detroit to make some brackets and other items for us...they said they had no interest. Oh....and a shifter plate I am having made by an OEM source. Have I ever heard of buying in the good ole USA???? no of course not. Why would an international 7 billion dollar company and me being in charge of a few hundred million in purchases in a year look at the USA? ;)

Our product was created as a two piece unit, not one piece. There are others out there that prefer an OEM type unit, which is how the part was created

My commenting two different animals, meaning styles. Read the context.

Bon Voyage!

The parts place is just down the street from me and they do suck. I never tried the bumper fillers though, but if i do decide to get any it would most likely be mikes fillers.

I have many people that comment about the parts place. I cannot comment, however I understand....lol. On my new build I will be using the spoolfool as it is more performance oriented. The 84, is more for a show piece than anything...hence wanting the original look

Yeah they marked up the 84 seat covers $400 over gbodys, not to mention a few other parts that are over priced.

Who pissed in your Wheaties today?

Yes I have heard of one China, and I am glad you have gone there many times. Do you go there for work, leisure, government affairs??

If you are suggesting that Taiwan is China, may I ask you how much of their GDP goes back to the mainland? I am also sure you know that TW is a democracy not a communist country right? I am not going to banter with you back and forth like I have with many that seem too ignorant to face the facts that in order to bring a product to market a global source makes sense. I just laughed remembering asking a couple factories in Detroit to make some brackets and other items for us...they said they had no interest. Oh....and a shifter plate I am having made by an OEM source. Have I ever heard of buying in the good ole USA???? no of course not. Why would an international 7 billion dollar company and me being in charge of a few hundred million in purchases in a year look at the USA? ;)

Our product was created as a two piece unit, not one piece. There are others out there that prefer an OEM type unit, which is how the part was created

My commenting two different animals, meaning styles. Read the context.

Bon Voyage![/QUOTE

Last edited:
And you sir, can kiss my ass. My father was a WWII veteran which just passed away last year at 90 years old so dont preach to me about knowing whom died for what. That you assume I have no connection to sacrifices made by my forefathers shows just how freaking incompetent you truly are. I could give a rats ass if you buy ANYTHING from our company. And to be honest with you sir, would rather you NOT! Go take your shallow minded rear end and live in your house of glass. And, by me meaning this......how many items come from asia, that you own???

DO me a favor, and dont answer. We all know the answer already. I bet you drive an asian car, and if you dont....half the American car you drive, or other brand you drive has 80% of it made global.