Any updates from Bowling Green?

I'm glad I didn't rush to get down there like I planned to.... Why was the event changed from the October date? ... Also it seems like more and more drama every year.... I think 2-3 years back there was a problem with rain and refunds iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was very disappointed in the vendors or lack thereof. What a JOKE. I will agree with Nick this event is dying and needs a huge jump start or it will be dead in 5 years or sooner.
Love the thumbs down......grow a pair and state your opinion if you don't agree. Lol

Sucks to drive 30 hrs for shit track prep. From what I heard the date is already set for the same date in 2017. They are slowly ruining this event. The only good thing I saw different was the paying process.

From what I heard the date is already set for the same date in 2017

I got the same "G2".....Same dates next yr. If so, I'll be at Richard's, and not BG. Been doing this for a looong time, and don't see much future for this event.
I lost my "back in the day" pics. Maybe, someone has some, that they'll post up. HUGE difference in race car count, vendors, spectators.

Reactions: WH1
I heard one of the guys in charge say there were no other dates available when I said why in sept again. So in other words the track gave the normal date to some other event and said this is all we have take it or leave it. Sounds to me that they need to take this event to another track. One that will give an October or November date. September sucked!!!! Oh did I say the prep SUCKED already?

The date was bumped by the Good guys Nationals. The track makes a lot more $$ from that event so the Buicks got bumped. :(

While we 100% agree with the criticisms in this thread, we still love this show. Spending time with icons like Nick Micale and Chuck Leeper is a privilege, and the special relationships with all the friends we've made at this event over the years have grown way beyond this event.
We hope for the best for the future of the GS Nationals, and we offer our unconditional support to those willing to do the work.

Rick & Kristi
Metco Motorsports

While we 100% agree with the criticisms in this thread, we still love this show. Spending time with icons like Nick Micale and Chuck Leeper is a privilege, and the special relationships with all the friends we've made at this event over the years have grown way beyond this event.
We hope for the best for the future of the GS Nationals, and we offer our unconditional support to those willing to do the work.

Rick & Kristi
Metco Motorsports
Thanks Rick! It was a BLAST!
My daughter, and 2 g'daughters all had a super time. It was the first drag race for them. I think the crazies they met, made the biggest impression! Thanks to all that made them feel welcome.:cool:
The friends and the fun makes this event worth attending!
The "potato in the eye" episode was worth the trip! Next yr, this will be part of my "dress code">>>:astronaut:! Russ, I did not lose my eyesight! All cool, bud!
Add in, watching the hangovers being conquered, and it's a total win, win!:jawdrop:
Those who "participated", know to whom I'm referring!!!!! ^^^^^^^
** Lou is STILL pissed off that Hillary survived her pneumonia bout!
** Grumpy is still pissed off about everything. Can't imagine what went on on the way home, given the rainout.
** Darrel's "grout" reemerged in his elbo...You can all guess why.
** Terri found out she couldn't drink all the booze in BG.
** My daughter found out she could not drink 2 pitchers of margaritas and feel good the next day.
** Scot looked like a train hit him, about 11pm. Gina just smiled.:smuggrin:
The list goes on and on!

A great time by all............To hell w/ the racing, or lack of!:D

I went to the gate about 9AM .she told me " WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO CHARGE YOU WE ARE CLEANING THE TRACK NOW"I was like cleaning the track in the rain? I then ask are you giving refunds? she said "IF ITS CALLED BEFORE 12 WE WILL GIVE REFUNDS" i started to smell shit and turned around and went to the Corvette museum. They still owe me 40 bucks from 2 years ago .Been going so long i have learned the game .Never buy admission or a race ticket until you KNOW you are getting a show or a race and your car and you will make it down the track that day. That booth was empty fast. we drove right in at 11am and a ghost town at the booth

OTHERWISE KEEP your Wallet In your pants

I went to the gate about 9AM .she told me " WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO CHARGE YOU WE ARE CLEANING THE TRACK NOW"I was like cleaning the track in the rain? I then ask are you giving refunds? she said "IF ITS CALLED BEFORE 12 WE WILL GIVE REFUNDS" i started to smell shit and turned around and went to the Corvette museum. They still owe me 40 bucks from 2 years ago .Been going so long i have learned the game .Never buy admission or a race ticket until you KNOW you are getting a show or a race and your car and you will make it down the track that day. That booth was empty fast. we drove right in at 11am and a ghost town at the booth

OTHERWISE KEEP your Wallet In your pants
I guess i was lucky i got my money back.

We pulled out before 1:00. People at the gate were long gone. I had 4 people with me including my dad. We paid $100 to hook my trailer up.
I've been going to the nats since 95. Have to say, the way refunds were handled (or lack thereof) Saturday, left a bad taste.

Forcefed I'm glad you got a refund but like Turbotimmer, a friend of mine had to go back in to get his race car and concourse car and it cost him $80 that he did not get back. This is probably the track and not the GSCA but this is not a good business practice. I bet the folks with Goodguys don't get treated like this. :devil: Damn shame to being this event has been going on for 36 years and most all at Beech bend.

There has got to be a more fan / racer friendly track available to have this event. I'm all about tradition, but BS like what happened trumps any tradition. It was my first time attending and I was less than impressed *with the track* and facilities, NOT the badass cars as they were incredible. Too bad this couldn't happen at a place like Indy.

Maybe the powers that be sbould try Indy. When rhe potential to lose an event like this comes up, wrongs may be corrected.