Any one make it to 10's w/6131e yet

Nice times and mph. I assume you got your launch issues under control. :) What was your boost and timing? Did you try any different combinations?

That has to be one of the fastest runs on a GT61 turbo and stock heads/cam. It will probably be late spring or summer before I put a cage on and then a FMIC. At least I have a time to shoot for.

TURBOV6 said:
Finally got some track time on this new 6131e

Best 1/4 ET was 11.38@117.56 1/8 ET was a 7.10@97.57

was the 7.10 at 97 on the same run? If so that 1/8th is incredible but the 1/4 seems off for that time. Seems like its falling off somewhere.

JDSfastGN said:
was the 7.10 at 97 on the same run? If so that 1/8th is incredible but the 1/4 seems off for that time. Seems like its falling off somewhere.
I've always heard that if you didn't gain at least 20mph in the last 1/8 of the quarter that something was not optimized with the combination. But remember, the 6131E will not breather quite as well as the 6152 because of the smaller exhaust wheel....what you gain in spoolup at the start you loose on the top end..
But either way, those are awesome times and for it to be your first outing with that turbo...I'm sure the humidity has to be killer there with all the rain thats been in Honolulu the last 2 months and this past week.
I'd be happier than a pig in chit if mine ran a tenth slower than that :)

murphster said:
Nice times and mph. I assume you got your launch issues under control. :) What was your boost and timing? Did you try any different combinations?

That has to be one of the fastest runs on a GT61 turbo and stock heads/cam. It will probably be late spring or summer before I put a cage on and then a FMIC. At least I have a time to shoot for.

The computer did not register the 60ft. :(

Boost was at 26lbs. Timming was 26 degrees. EGT's was 1620's. Did not have much time running the car, probaly will have done better if I tried to lean it out and up the boost a pound or two.

JDSfastGN said:

Yes it was on that same run. Don't know why but seem to be pulling pretty hard on the top.

TURBOV6 said:
The computer did not register the 60ft. :(

Boost was at 26lbs. Timming was 26 degrees. EGT's was 1620's. Did not have much time running the car, probaly will have done better if I tried to lean it out and up the boost a pound or two.

Lean it out??? :eek: EGT's 1620's seems like it is plenty lean to me...... You have a wideband on it? You go much leaner... chances of a piston liquifying and exiting through the turbine wheel goes up considerably... IMHO.

2QUIK6 said:
I've always heard that if you didn't gain at least 20mph in the last 1/8 of the quarter that something was not optimized with the combination. But remember, the 6131E will not breather quite as well as the 6152 because of the smaller exhaust wheel....what you gain in spoolup at the start you loose on the top end..
But either way, those are awesome times and for it to be your first outing with that turbo...I'm sure the humidity has to be killer there with all the rain thats been in Honolulu the last 2 months and this past week.
I'd be happier than a pig in chit if mine ran a tenth slower than that :)

Agree, excellent for first time out. :)

The 6131 doesn't breath as well top end like 6152 or 6176, but sure does spool quicker. Not sure what the weather conditions were etc.

Jackson has been fighting some minor gremlins with the car in the past, and seems to have gotten most of those issues resolved.

Plenty of phone calls back and forth to try and resolve, not sure if he now qualifies as a dependent for me on my taxes this year :confused:

Joe

Joe Lubrant said:
Jackson has been fighting some minor gremlins with the car in the past, and seems to have gotten most of those issues resolved.

Plenty of phone calls back and forth to try and resolve, not sure if he now qualifies as a dependent for me on my taxes this year :confused:

Joe

Thanks for all your help Joe! Would not done it without your help :). Finally got everything up and running for our last day at the track!

Blazer406 said:
Lean it out??? :eek: EGT's 1620's seems like it is plenty lean to me...... You have a wideband on it? You go much leaner... chances of a piston liquifying and exiting through the turbine wheel goes up considerably... IMHO.

I guess you are right. No wideband just a heated ford O2 sensor. O2's on the scanmaster was reading 760's. What exhaust tems do you normally shoot for? I got no knock that why so I thought about trying to lean it out. Maybe up the timming a bit would be safer.

I am no master tuner... but would recommend a wideband to tune with..... although the EGT is probably better than looking at narrowband readings. The wideband is dead on.... where the narrow band is only accurate around 14.7:1 (approx 450 mv....or so) Someone more skilled at tuning could confir/deny if that EGT reading warrants you to need to lean it out... but IMHO..... I wouldn't like 1620... makes me nervous.....

Blazer406 said:
I am no master tuner... but would recommend a wideband to tune with..... although the EGT is probably better than looking at narrowband readings. The wideband is dead on.... where the narrow band is only accurate around 14.7:1 (approx 450 mv....or so) Someone more skilled at tuning could confir/deny if that EGT reading warrants you to need to lean it out... but IMHO..... I wouldn't like 1620... makes me nervous.....

I can agree, that without the wideband he doesn't know actual a/f ratio and would be of great value. The 760mv as used by some seems to be in line with ballpark tuning when using the narrow band.

As far as 1620...doesn't make me that nervous :)

I have seen Peak & Hold spike to a slightly higher temp when lifting off throttle at end of run. I have see temp spikes when getting off throttle on Race Pak continuous recordings. So his 1620 may have been alot lower than spike reading if peak & hold unit was used.

Joe

Reason I ask is for my other build. I have a 6131e and a 6768. I have 2 ptc nl converters on the shelf a 18 and a 17 blade. Problem is the 6768 is to big and the 6131 is to small. Looking for solid 10.8 to 10.9.
235ci 212.212, ported irons, ported intake, stock crank and rods, cp pistons, billet center caps, bla bla bla

I don't doubt it can do it. I went 11.3 at 120 with one. Stock can. Put it all in and see how she does

That will happen down the line. The 6131e will be for sale but not right now. I'm going to see how far this little guy will take me. I think the better option will be a 6262.

Wow, been over 9 years since the 6131e became popular, I was one of the first to try that turbo, still got it on the car, still have the stock factory head seal too…maybe its time to upgrade my turbo again, I didn't realize it was that old!