Any one lose a 86 TTop GN? This on Ebay

There was one stolen in Tallahassee a few weeks back...t top car an 86 if I remember correct....

The dash in 81 was not this style. Listing stated many '86 GN upgrades. With that mind who's swaps for the 3rd brake light only on 86-87 models.
Even more of a question, the body's structure for a T-Top. What was the first year for T-Tops?

Any links to information about the GN stolen in Tallahassee?

TurboGee said:
The dash in 81 was not this style. Listing stated many '86 GN upgrades. With that mind who's swaps for the 3rd brake light only on 86-87 models.
Even more of a question, the body's structure for a T-Top. What was the first year for T-Tops?

My thought is who would go through all of the work to switch over to the digital dash? From what I've read it's a pita. Lots of clues here. Hope someone can get this checked out. Nice find, thank god for boards like this to keep an eye on things.

Bids are going up. 5 days left for biding, with a buy it now price. This listing could close at anytime!
Let's have a good ending to this "find". Thanks. We can keep an eye on things, every little bit helps.

There was an add on craiglists in the Tallahassee area of a stolen GN and a reward out for info on it. It's not there now.

Car has the vaccum sticker ripped off on top of the heater core and a/c unit where it said the year at! hope the real owner finds it!!!!!

Steering column was also replaced, it's a dark color. Someone needs to get the real VIN off the block or the trans and find it's rightful owner.

Just in case the ad disappears:

Current VIN: 1G4AM47A1BK157425

Listed phone number:
812-584-4277 and ask for JAMES

Lawrenceburg, indiana

item number: 321047685500

ebay username: tangariro

listed mileage 48669

ebaygn2.jpg
ebaygn3.jpg
ebaygn4.jpg
ebaygn5.jpg
ebaygn6.jpg
ebaygn7.jpg
ebaygn8.jpg
ebaygn1.jpg

Not trying to help the guy sell it, but quoting for reference if the ad disappears:

1981 Buick Grand National
RECENTLY TUNED UP TODAY AND READY TO GO...this thing runs like a scalded DOG!!! when the turbo kicks in you better HOLD on. Running like a top and NEEDS NOTHING but a new HOME
This T-Type regal coupe is very nice both inside and out. The body is solid. Floors are good. This car is very very clean and impressive. It needs nothing to be enjoyed just like you see it. Back when I inherited it I was sure i'd keep it forever. I guess nothing is forever. Actually storage is somewhat of a problem and in these hard times i think I could use the money to help get by. If you demand a very good car bid away. For information call 812-584-4277 and ask for JAMES...make sure you ask for JAMES please. I can help with setting up the shipping and payment can be done through a friends dealership or however you feel comfortable. This care is a modern day RestoMod. Many 1986 upgrades, grill, sidemarkers lights, intercooler, wheels, seats, updated motor. Runs, Rides, and drivers GREAT-needs nothing! This car DEFINITELY has POSI Traction!!!! Has all the compenents of a 86 Grand National top to bottom!

Remember, we are trying to "quietly" find the true history and past owner of this GN. If we can find someone who can verify a missing Buick from the pictures, option and description with their VIN.
This needs to be done without tipping the seller. We don't want to start calling the seller asking question if we don't have the history and PROOF! Thanks for everyone's eagle eye on catching the details of this GN.
Only true Buick owners can see a climate control unit behind a steering wheel, different shade of gray on the column, part of the tag on the heater box, missing the year. It will also have "TURBO" on Harrison the sticker.

This is what the guy in Tallahassee got back. Andddddddd no Insurance....... 87 with 33k on it.

IMG955049_zpsb08bd736.jpg

THAT CAR IS A REVIN 86 .. 81 TITLES CAN BE HAD CHEAP .. STAY AWAY .. UNLESS YOUR A LEO LOOKING FOR A BUST >

I sent the guy a messege on Ebay asking what the actual VIN number of the car was. His reply was "It's listed in the ad."

I bet this guy bought it and doesnt even know enough to realize it's obviously a stolen car.