Any one here have my old GN?

Techljh

Hello to all! Love the site! Trying to get back into the turbo Buick addiction again. Looking for my old ride...
I sold it back @1996-8 to Gary Oswald from street performance
It was an '87 GN with a blue pinstripping
@22-23k miles
Basics mods: fuel pump, regulator, chip, K&N filter, 160 t-stat, etc.
Some chrome on Engine
Trunk kit
Centerline wheels
Pillar and console gauges
Super clean

One of the worst choices I made selling it but had to - ton of bills, kid on the way, washing machine broke- you guys get the picture. Anyway, I have that itch again. I'm in Northbrook Illinois a suburb of Chicago
Thanks for reading

He moved to Rockford years ago after he closed the shop. I would have kept the number, but I'll just say that he won't be working on my car again.

A friend of mine sold his GN years ago for similar reasons. He too regretted it and did a search to find it. He eventually did find it through a peolple search, it did cost a couple hundred dollars on subscriptions though. If Gary still owns it, you may be able to find him through a people search. If he sold it you're going to need the VIN and track it that way. See if you can find it at the Secratary of State (I'm in Frankfort) or see if the person or dealer you bought it from has the VIN. My friend found his in Missouri, he did have the VIN, and did buy it back. (look in cars for sale in this forum, 1987 Astro Roof 37,000 mile GN at GS Nationals) I had one that I sold years ago too. I contacted the person I sold it to and after making some phone calls and mailing some letters I was able to find it, it's about 10 miles from where I live and is in immaculate condition. Needless to say, the current owner loves the car and will not sell it. I'm still looking for a GN. It's exciting to look for what you once had, and I hope it's what you expect when you find it. Be patient, you'll find it. Good luck. Keep the thread updated with your progress.

A friend of mine sold his GN years ago for similar reasons. He too regretted it and did a search to find it. He eventually did find it through a peolple search, it did cost a couple hundred dollars on subscriptions though. If Gary still owns it, you may be able to find him through a people search. If he sold it you're going to need the VIN and track it that way. See if you can find it at the Secratary of State (I'm in Frankfort) or see if the person or dealer you bought it from has the VIN. My friend found his in Missouri, he did have the VIN, and did buy it back. (look in cars for sale in this forum, 1987 Astro Roof 37,000 mile GN at GS Nationals) I had one that I sold years ago too. I contacted the person I sold it to and after making some phone calls and mailing some letters I was able to find it, it's about 10 miles from where I live and is in immaculate condition. Needless to say, the current owner loves the car and will not sell it. I'm still looking for a GN. It's exciting to look for what you once had, and I hope it's what you expect when you find it. Be patient, you'll find it. Good luck. Keep the thread updated with your progress.
Thanks for your reply and helpful pointers. The thrill of the hunt is very exciting.

Over two years later...
I thought I would update my post. It took a lot of phone calls and waiting but I have some answers. Trying to find a car without a vin really makes a guy work. I contacted the old insurance company (Allstate) and they were able to provide me with the vin number.
I googled the vin and an ad came up with motor for sale out of a wrecked GN - me sad. Did a carfax and showed a total loss-
The guy who had the car was Joe Harrington gnx375, gnxguy. Any body know how to get a hold of him? The ad had a phone number and email, I left messages on both. The ad was posted in '05
That car had a lot of great memories of my old man who passed away in '96. I was hoping at least to see the car if not buy it.
The vin is: 1g4gj1176hp462378
Thx for reading

Sorry to hear about your discovery, it's a loss to you too. Don't know how to contact Joe, but you made some progress. Good luck.