Any new GNs still at the dealer?

MistaScott

Abnormally Aspirated
I took my car to a local Buick dealer and I noticed they had a brand new 87 GN for sale with only 110 miles on it. They claim it has been in their showroom since 1987 and is the only GN remaining that has not been registered to an owner. She was beautiful. They are asking 41K for it, with a 22K dealer markup!

Does anyone know of any other GNs that are still at the dealer?

I'm not sure about GNs but the Buick dealer here in town has a GNX on the floor that belongs to the owner. The car has a little over a 100 miles on it and is basically new. Still has the window sticker and everything. The car is not for sale.

Which place is that Ben? I have to check it out next month when I am down there. Hope they don't mind if i drool on it. Mark

That is the same car menitioned in Kirban's Guide to Buying a Used 1986 @ 1987 Buick Turbo Regal.
I'm driving right pased VA. next week can you give me the dealers name and phone number?I would love to see this car.

Mark,

The car is located at Boulevard Buick. The dealership is on Cherry Ave just below the 405 freeway. Stop in and take a look. It's worth it. :)

Give me a shout if you get down this way. I'm always up for an excuse to have a beer. :D

Originally posted by Ray Ackerman
That is the same car menitioned in Kirban's Guide to Buying a Used 1986 @ 1987 Buick Turbo Regal.
I'm driving right pased VA. next week can you give me the dealers name and phone number?I would love to see this car.

Wright's Buick
8651 Centreville Rd.
Manassas, VA

It is a ways from 95 (20-30 mins) but you can take the Prince William County Parkway off 95 to get there. It's worth a look. I think they will let you sit inside. It really makes you appreciate GNs and wonder why they haven't come back with something like em since...

What does Kirban's say about it?

Originally posted by MistaScott
Wright's Buick
8651 Centreville Rd.
Manassas, VA

It is a ways from 95 (20-30 mins) but you can take the Prince William County Parkway off 95 to get there. It's worth a look. I think they will let you sit inside. It really makes you appreciate GNs and wonder why they haven't come back with something like em since...

What does Kirban's say about it?

Thanks for the dealer inf.

Kirban's book says about the same you posted.Kirban's book has the price at 41K in the year 2000 and the mileage is just under 100.
There is also a 87GN with T Tops in the book with 50 miles on it.The car is at a dealer in Idaho the car still has the plastic on the seats,the door panels and the steering wheel.The car was never dealer prepped.No price in the book.

actually let me correct ben on that, its a little over 1,000 miles on it not 100, but sure is a nice GNX seen it many times. :)

Wow.. that is really exciting MistaScott.

When I'm in the states, I'm in Maryland so I may have to make a field trip down there. I'm sure pulling up in a Grand National to look at another Grand National will make them more receptive. Wonder if they'd let me take it for a test drive. Probably not unless I showed them $44k. Pretty interesting.

There's a new GNX sitting on the showroom floor of Straub Motors Buick dealer in Keyport, NJ. I saw that back in the spring.

Originally posted by MeanBuicks
There's a new GNX sitting on the showroom floor of Straub Motors Buick dealer in Keyport, NJ. I saw that back in the spring.
I saw that GNX at Straub about 6 years ago. Still hasn't moved yet, huh?

Straub also had a brand new DeLorean on the floor.

The car Kirban's is talking about in Idaho was bought by my friend Curt Williams, the car came out of Durango, Colo. with 47 miles on it, it was sold to a guy in Texas for 22k$, that car I beleive if memory serves me right also came from Virginia, FYI, Curt is no car dealer, just a retired state trooper here in Id.
Ron

gn85 ( i met you in laurel didn't i ? ) and mistascott, i live in manassas and i work with the daughter of the guy who owns that buick dealership and i can tell you it has more miles on it than you think it does. i don't want to be really specific about it, but if you've ever looked closely at it the headlight bezels have been spray painted back black and the tires are worn. the owners daughter told me herself that that car hasn't always been at that dealership.

mistascott, where are you in the area. i think i saw you pull into wrights buick one day when i was at synergy bank. it had to be you because i've met pretty much everyone around me with a buick. do you have stock wheels on your car? i know that might not tell me much but i think it was you.

Originally posted by peterkin
gn85 ( i met you in laurel didn't i ? )

Yes, I think that's correct. I was in Laurel several months ago while on my return visit. I came with gn85girl (I think I was the only one there with their significant other). Unfortunately I didn't have my GN. :( I was asking about who is going to e-town.

Over here on the west coast, 2 different buick dealers wanted to buy my car off of me. Maybe it had something to do with me being the original owner, or maybe they need it for promotional reasons. But both dealers sent me a letter saying they want me to come to there dealer and bring the car to negociate a trade. Pretty cool GM wants my car! I will take picutures of the letter and post later this weekend.

So anyways i made an appointment and came down to the first dealer cloest to were i live, and they had a spot on the show floor open and asked me to park it there. So i did and the car was looking very clean from the wash and wax i had done. So the first thing i tell the fleet manager is i dont want to trade for a car that is slower then mine. He says NP we'll take care of you. HA! What a JOKE THAT WAS. After about 30 min of bs'ing about my GN it was time to hear their offers. CAN U BELEIVE they wanted me to trade my GN for a 2005 Pontiac GP. LoL!! And here i was thinking they were going to take me seriously. Thats a big negative. After this experience at this dealer, i didn't even bother going to the other dealer.

But reguardless I still have letters from GM asking to buy or trade my GN back from me which is really cool.:cool:

That is way kewl Dark Side. I grew up in Orange. Still have a soft spot in my heart for the place. Keep your car, maybe they will at sometime make you a real offer, like a new vette. Mark

P.s. Hey Ben, no problem. Always looking for a reason to grab a cold one. Well, at least one.

Originally posted by peterkin
mistascott, where are you in the area. i think i saw you pull into wrights buick one day when i was at synergy bank.

I am near Herndon. I had my GN in there a few weeks ago. Wheels are stock so maybe it was me. Are there many GNs in Northern VA? I've only seen one 87 TR near Manassas.

I'm intrigued by the story of the Wright's GN...PM me if you can tell me anything else about it.

yes, there are a few of us around 87natl is on this board and he lives in Manassas/Dumfries. we'll have to get together sometime so you can meet a few folks. i spend most of my time on saturday's at vernon's in laurel hanging out with those that are like us. :D

i can tell you more about what i know on the car at wrights buick later. shoot me an email if you want to meet more people in the area. i may be going up to vernon's saturday and you can meet a few people there. i need to call 87natl to see what's going on with him though. i haven't talked to him in a couple of days.

Originally posted by XxDarkSidexX
Over here on the west coast, 2 different buick dealers wanted to buy my car off of me.

What do you have and miles that 2 dealers sent you solicitations? As a side note, some GM dealers are giving 14% off new 04 Vettes on the floor to clear room for the new c6 coming!! 35k..good deal!