Any Loudness fans in the house?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
No not a loud car...the Heavy metal band from Japan from back in the '80s!
Saw them Friday night and they still rocked the place down with their original lineup except for their late drummer. Akira is still the most amazing and fastest playing guitar player ever even in their 50's.
They have some really heavy and riff heavy new music they played as well.
Saw them back in '85 and in '86, this was their first time back in the states since then.

If you have a chance and liked them then, go see them, you won't be disappointed....
Them and Accept have been the 2 most amazing bands from the '80s that still sound great currently out touring.

Attachments

• Loudness-052711.jpg
    Loudness-052711.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 205
Thunder in the East!!! I remember those guys!!! God, I'm getting old....

Accept didn't even sound good in the '80s...they were on par with Krokus, which isn't saying much.

Best metal bands out of the '80s would turn into such a heated debate the thread would be locked.

Megadeth, Metallica, SOD/Anthrax, Candlemass, Maiden, Slayer...

Accept didn't even sound good in the '80s...they were on par with Krokus, which isn't saying much.

Best metal bands out of the '80s would turn into such a heated debate the thread would be locked.

Megadeth, Metallica, SOD/Anthrax, Candlemass, Maiden, Slayer...
Sure those are all main stream though. Check out some new Accept from their latest album, Wolf's guitar riffs are much heavier than most all of those bands now and then, excluding the Metal Heart album. On par with Krokus?? WTF they were just another hair band :eek:

Sure those are all main stream though. Check out some new Accept from their latest album, Wolf's guitar riffs are much heavier than most all of those bands now and then, excluding the Metal Heart album. On par with Krokus?? WTF they were just another hair band :eek:

Most of the ones I listed really didn't become "mainstream" until late in the '80s and early '90s, or sell out like Metallica did as time went on. But bands like Accept and Krokus were never very popular. Accept's claim to fame is Balls to the Wall...and from there most people can't name a single other song, that is if they could even name Accept at all. I don't think many people would consider Candlemass mainstream.

I remember them.....they still rock the house, eh? That means they haven't lost their touch....great group.

The bass guitar the bassist is holding....that guitar maker is an old long time friend of mine. Great guitars.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Loudness rocks. Still jam to them quite a bit.

3rd row for RUSH next Friday in New Orleans....:cool:

But bands like Accept and Krokus were never very popular. Accept's claim to fame is Balls to the Wall...and from there most people can't name a single other song, that is if they could even name Accept
yeah I tend to favor the less popular bands, especially now rediscovering some of the ones I didn't listen to much back then like Savatage, Armored Saint, Saxon etc being there's a lack of that style of music being played or recorded new now days.

At Loudness my wife wore the concert shirt I got back in '86 and their crew was trying to buy it off her! She did get video'd for a DVD they were making.

I have to agree about Accepts new album,"Blood for Nations". It is one of the heaviest albums to come out in a loooooong time from any group...much less some guys from the 80's. The new lead singer is from New Jersey and he can wail. Really good stuff.

dont know loudness checked them out on youtube suzuki a good drummer! but been a dreamtheater fan since 85 back in the majesty days now with mangini on drums they will kick more azz then ever. will miss portnoy studied him for decades i eat sleep & bleed mike portnoy the king of progressive metal drummers he will always define dreamtheater!

yeah I tend to favor the less popular bands, especially now rediscovering some of the ones I didn't listen to much back then like Savatage, Armored Saint, Saxon etc being there's a lack of that style of music being played or recorded new now days.

At Loudness my wife wore the concert shirt I got back in '86 and their crew was trying to buy it off her! She did get video'd for a DVD they were making.

I wasn't a big Savatage fan, but I did like Armored Saint. A friend of mine was really into Manowar, and while some of the music was fun...it was just downright cheesey.

The good old days.... I saw Armored Saint with King Diamond on Halloween night in 86 or 87, awesome! Saw Manowar at the Penny Arcade in Rochester in 87 or 88, I was deaf for three days!!! Still love the metal, played guitar for years, now my oldest son carries the flag! He plays alot of jazz, blues, though. I still jam some heavy riffs with him once in a while.. Phil.

No not a loud car...the Heavy metal band from Japan from back in the '80s!
Saw them Friday night and they still rocked the place down with their original lineup except for their late drummer. Akira is still the most amazing and fastest playing guitar player ever even in their 50's.
They have some really heavy and riff heavy new music they played as well.
Saw them back in '85 and in '86, this was their first time back in the states since then.

If you have a chance and liked them then, go see them, you won't be disappointed....
Them and Accept have been the 2 most amazing bands from the '80s that still sound great currently out touring.
I knew who they were because Munetaka Higuchi was featured in Modern Drummer magazine, but never actually heard them until a few years ago, when one of my friends told me he worked on 3 of their albums: Ghetto Machine, Dragon, and Engine.

He's credited here on Dragon, as Galen T. Berrens Dragon by Loudness @ ARTISTdirect.com

I can ask if he's got studio stories... :D