Any ideas on my brakes?????

HYBRIDT

Can any of you guys help me out here? Brake light issue . The light also comes on as soon as you turn on the key. I need to get the front end aligned before I can take it on the street, but it seems to brake fine. I had a fair amount of issues putting everything together and I was willing to pull my hair out by the end. I guess I'll try bleeding the brakes again, but I just don't understand why it comes on right away without having to step on the brakes to get it to come on. Any help would be great. Bill maybe??????

Adam

If you disconected the park brake switch then it must have to do with the prop valve, or the wire going out to the powermaster switch is shorted to ground. Try the bleeding process that NJVetteGuy talked about to re-center the switch in the prop valve. Sometimes that ball in the switch can stick. If you disconnect the wire to the prop valve and the light goes out then you found the source of the problem. If the light stays on then there is a short to ground on the control side of the circuit. Good luck.

Just the Light?

If it's just the brake lights on the back of the car that are on, check the brake light switch that is connected to the brake pedal under the dash. If the switch is not adjusted right, the lights will stay on all the time. It should thread into a hole and have two nuts that hold it in place. You have to make sure it is pushed out far enough so that the circut is closed by the switch being pushed in by the brake pedal when it is in the "up" position. This should be an easy fix, especially if everything else is working ok. -Gabe