Any Idea's of RWHP combo will make

Fab Shop

Hello to you all,

Having my top half done on my street car, just trying to get an idea of how much rwhp it should make. I have the following parts:

Stock bottom end with good caps and bolts, but stock crank/rods/pistons

- cnc ported and hand finished gn-1 heads
- t&d rockers 1.65
- 220/220 hyd roller cam
- turbonetics 70mm 4 bolt turbo, w/3.5 dp
- Stock intake port matched to heads with hemco race plenum
- 70mm throttle body
- 72# injectors
- reds double pumper fuel pump
- double roller timing chain
- front mount intercooler
- turbo 400 trans with 9" convertor also with a trans brake
- atr ss headers

It has a fast computer system in it already, I still have power steering and A/C, just trying to get an idea on how much power it will make and how much fun it will be to drive on the street. It has a 3.42 gear, 33 spline axles and a spool in the rear. It will be ran a race fuel only (112-114 octane) I don't want to lean on it but would like to run 23-26# of boost. This car will not be drag raced at the track but will be ran hard on the street, it has no cage but has all good suspension parts. the car is lowered and has torq thrust 2 with m/t drag radials in the rear 275/50/15. I am looking for around 500 RWHP

Thanks for your input
Jake

Supposedly 70 turbo can make up to 700-750 HP how much stall u runnin on your 9"(3500=4000)? Yeah without a girdle and having a stock bottom end and since you said you didn't want to LEAN on HER real hard. With your Fast system , billet mains , and Race gas you should be able tune her to get 600 hp and run safely in the mid-high 10's @23-26lbs , think if you start pushin/leaning on her real hard toward 700hp you could start having problems. Couldn't imagine owning a 10sec street car. nice setup have fun and be safe on the street.

You will need way more injector and pump to max out that combo. It should go to 700 at the rear wheels with the 4 bolt (im assuming a GTQ) at 26-27 psi. The stock intake will kill the head flow if you have the race-ported gn1's. I have a set myself and once i saw the intake runners i knew the stock intake was going to limit. TSM flies on the stock intake though. I did 559hp/706tq with a much milder iron headed combo on the stock ecm at 24.5ps with stock MAFS with 1 screen. 212-212(net .497 lift at the valve), 72BB with 76trim 3 bolt exhaust . 500 hp should be had at 17-18 psi on that combo revving to 6500 rpm. You have way too much turbo if you only want 500 to the wheels. A 6176 would get it done in 3 bolt configuration at 25 psi. To max out the heads you actually need a lot more turbo though. If you have a 70 p-trim i would guess no less than 650hp at 26 psi but you need more pump and injector. Id be afraid without a girdle but the big guys have gone high 130's without one.

All this horsepower talk is making me wonder....

Im starting to wonder what kind of power my car puts down......I can already see this getting expensive!

Im starting to wonder what kind of power my car puts down......I can already see this getting expensive!

You need a larger turbo my friend!
63 turbo and aluminum heads, i bet it gets out of the hole pretty good eh?

My car has a myspace account, i will pm it to you
BW

Actually, it spools a bit slow....

You need a larger turbo my friend!
63 turbo and aluminum heads, i bet it gets out of the hole pretty good eh?

My car has a myspace account, i will pm it to you
BW

Its a bit sluggish outta the hole, Im still working on the tuning, Havent even sprayed the methanol yet, I figured one thing at a time...I just bought the 3750 stall, Hoping to install it this weekend, also just ordered the bigmouth cold air and a 3.5 maf pipe and an LS maf, do you have a suggestion for a larger turbo?? Im trying to stay with the stock managment.

2 buddies of mine have those heads, one runs 10.teens on drag radials in a 100% full weight turbo regal limited with a turbonetics 70 dual ball bearing, it spools very very fast.. I keep trying to get him to install a 70GTQ, but he wants to go with the 74GTQ.

Another buddy of mine who has those heads, had a 72GTQ and it ran VERY well, alot of lag down low, but made the car dead hook on the street.
Now its sporting a 6776RS with the ball bearing center section.

It too spools very very quick, he just purchased the car 3-4 weeks ago and we havent had it to the track yet..

I believe you could benifit from a standard 70 turbo if you want a fast track car, or get a 6776 for a quick street car.

If it was mine, it would almost be a toss up between the 70GTQ, or wait til the beginning of the year, i read somewhere that PTE is going to have some new turbos, possibly better than whats available right now:biggrin:

BW

Ill likely look at the PTE turbos, im asuming a 70 would be a near direct bolt in?? Im thinking that I dont want to change the down pipe, feed and drain lines and that sorta thing, im gonna have to check it out tonight, I spent a ton of money on it today, as soon as I hear form Eric im going to order the maf translater and more chips, im thinking this car will move, im planning to build a bottom end this winter...

After looking at their web page ill have to look, my car has an external wastegate, id like to stay with that because I dont want to change the downpipe and the gate is brand new.....Ill have to do some research here, Its a car not at all intended for the track, I just wans a stupidly fast street car, and around here where its nothing but riced out hondas, yuppies in corvettes and boxters and the occasional mustang sucker I just want to be faster than the rest of them.......

The 70 would bolt right in, the air intake setup might need some attention if it has the 4" intake tract. The idle air motor might need to be moved 45°..

With the current convertor, a ball bearing turbo might be in your near future if you want a great stoplight to stoplight car.

Sooo many ways to skin a cat:)

BW

That looks very similar to my combo except I have 96lb injectors and a smaller hyd roller cam (215/220). On 26lbs, my car is in the high 9's weighing in at 3550 w/me. At 22 lbs the car made around 570 at the wheels, and this was with a very loose converter (th400 w/ Ford 9".)

EDIT: I'm running a forged crank and rods with a girdle....which doesn't make anymore power but just helps keep it together.

Your car will be very fun on the street...I know mine is. I drove mine to the track the other week and ran a 10.1 with a sub par 60', then drove home:D

I cant find any numbers anywhere on the turbo to id it, all I see at ar.63 on both housings, therefore im at the mercy of the person I purchased the car form as far as what it is, Its a very simple turbo, I like the external gate, the boost control is rock solid with no boost spike, I just dont see anything on precisions page that looks like it will just drop in!?!?