Any Helpful Tips, Im installing a FMIC RJC 315IC

I sold it before I even took it off... John, I have a tranny cooler and I mounted the intercooler right in front.... What doesn't fit.. I have not put the grill back in yet... Please don't tell me it is the grill?

Bringing back an old thread here. Did anyone else have trouble with the IC tanks interfering with the grill? I've got the bumper and grill off, and now I cant seem to get the grill back in. I'm not real eager to cut the grill to fit unless others have similar experience.

I did not run into any problems installing the RJC 315 IC on my car just needed help holding it up to get the bolts started on top as my car had all parts on it .

AM I missing something here? I did not have to remove my bumper or grill or anything on the car when I installed my Mega cooler. Its pretty much the biggest intercooler there is for these cars. It lined up with the existing holes from the factory behind the header panel. I used a small jack and raised it into position, installed the mounting bolts and then secured it from the bottom as well. It literally took me 15 minutes and is a pretty solid install. I had to remove my eastern front mount IC first and just slid it out and then slid the MCIC back in its place. Nice snug fit and bolts are staying nice and tight. No rattles or vibration. I di not do the original eastern FM install so maybe some stuff was in the way? and removed so it was easier for me to swap out? But I did not have to remove any piece of the car i.e. bumper, grill etc. Actually I did have the car up on ramps to get room between the car and the ground to slid it in and out. Maybe that was the difference.

i think the hardest thing for me was to slide the silicone hoses on the ends. but trust me use WD40 it will go alot smoother..trust me!!

Another good product to use is Hair Spray in an aerosol can. It is slippery when first applied, but hardens afterwards so will help in preventing silicone couplers from blowing off!

Dish soap is another good idea although I have never had any issues using WD40. Besides I only use enough to make it slide on and or remove it and it does not stay slic. But like I said I have never had a pipe blow off even immediately after boosting it at the track so its never been a bad idea for me.

Yea, WD-40 = holy water

I used dish wash soap, real slick while wet then very sticky when dry WD40 might make it easy to slip off under boost, be careful about the hose clamps.

AM I missing something here? I did not have to remove my bumper or grill or anything on the car when I installed my Mega cooler. Its pretty much the biggest intercooler there is for these cars. It lined up with the existing holes from the factory behind the header panel. I used a small jack and raised it into position, installed the mounting bolts and then secured it from the bottom as well. It literally took me 15 minutes and is a pretty solid install. I had to remove my eastern front mount IC first and just slid it out and then slid the MCIC back in its place. Nice snug fit and bolts are staying nice and tight. No rattles or vibration. I di not do the original eastern FM install so maybe some stuff was in the way? and removed so it was easier for me to swap out? But I did not have to remove any piece of the car i.e. bumper, grill etc. Actually I did have the car up on ramps to get room between the car and the ground to slid it in and out. Maybe that was the difference.

I probably didnt have to, I was just trying to be careful to get the holes lined up and the bolts in straight. Maybe I need to start all over and pull the IC back out, put the grill back in, and then put the IC in.

It sure looks like the grill isnt going to clear it, how much space do you guys have between the grill (where the springs go) and the IC side tanks?

I can try and take photos of mine this evening for you if it will help. Mine just slid into place, no forcing or anything, but I did not do the original install so there may be more to it. I can show you mine though.

I figured it out, the IC was also pushed out (forward) at the bottom due to rubbing the bumper shocks. Once I got it pushed back between them it was GTG. Grill clearance is OK now.

Now if only the pipes lined up worth a darn I'd be happy. The up pipe rubs the air meter pipe pretty bad, and both hoses are really misaligned at the turbo and TB. Like they are both too short or the front of the engine is up too high.

I figured it out, the IC was also pushed out (forward) at the bottom due to rubbing the bumper shocks. Once I got it pushed back between them it was GTG. Grill clearance is OK now.

Now if only the pipes lined up worth a darn I'd be happy. The up pipe rubs the air meter pipe pretty bad, and both hoses are really misaligned at the turbo and TB. Like they are both too short or the front of the engine is up too high.
You have good pictures of this? And what do the pipes look like going into the IC?

I'm sure it's aggravating for a $1,000 (shipped) intercooler.....

I'm curious if its a by product of the poly engine mounts and the stock trans mount, but I'm not sure.

I can do better than a pic, here's video:

Can you post some pics of your install? I also have an Eastern FMIC that i'm looking to replace. Thanks

I'm curious if its a by product of the poly engine mounts and the stock trans mount, but I'm not sure.

I can do better than a pic, here's video:
Looks like both pipes are low. How close are the pipes to the bottom of the radiator mount? Did you talk to RJC at all?