Any Guitarist here?

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I normally play acoustic, but I felt like playing my strat tonight. I just rushed through this jam to keep my 3 yr old from messing the vid up. Its sloppy, but I have never recorded myself before and thought there might be some other guitar players here.

If there was a way to do it, I would trade both of my turbo regals to be able to play like that. Not joking.

I wait for a quiet moment when the kids are watching tv, get my guitar down and close the bedroom doors, and get (on average) 3-5 notes into something (unamplified) before the kids burst in the door and start attacking the strings. Not worth practicing. On the other hand, when I fire up the half stack and set it up hot so everything sounds like death metal, it's fun to watch them play it. In the words of Unknown Hinson, "Any idget can play the rawk, it don't take no talent to play that mess."

:cool: awesome.. i love listening to van halen in the gn... you gotta post more. makes me want to get a gee tar..:D

Good job! You make it look easy.

Thanks.
If there was a way to do it, I would trade both of my turbo regals to be able to play like that. Not joking.

I wait for a quiet moment when the kids are watching tv, get my guitar down and close the bedroom doors, and get (on average) 3-5 notes into something (unamplified) before the kids burst in the door and start attacking the strings. Not worth practicing. On the other hand, when I fire up the half stack and set it up hot so everything sounds like death metal, it's fun to watch them play it. In the words of Unknown Hinson, "Any idget can play the rawk, it don't take no talent to play that mess."
I have a 3yr old that loves to crawl all over me as I play, so I totally understand:D
:cool: awesome.. i love listening to van halen in the gn... you gotta post more. makes me want to get a gee tar..:D

Ill try and get another VH vid for you. Eddie is not easy to play, however, this is just a hobby of mine and I just put my own spin on things and have fun doing it:)

Very nice. Have you ever watched Eric Johnson on you tube. There is a video of him at the House of Blues and he plays the "Cliffs of Dover". If you haven't seen the video I think you would enjoy what he does with his Strat!

hello; I've been trying to play for years and still suck. Winter is coming so there's going to be more time to try and play. Your doing well but your strat looks weird to me. What's up with that?
IBBY

[quote="jlat, but your strat looks weird to me. What's up with that"IBBY[/quote]

I don't think it is a Fender Strat. They have the tuning pegs on top of the headstock. His were on the bottom.

Its got a left handed headstock swapped on. "Hendrix style".

Sent from my LGL75C using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Very nice. Have you ever watched Eric Johnson on you tube. There is a video of him at the House of Blues and he plays the "Cliffs of Dover". If you haven't seen the video I think you would enjoy what he does with his Strat!

I think I watched it a few years ago. Ya, he is awesome!
hello; I've been trying to play for years and still suck. Winter is coming so there's going to be more time to try and play. Your doing well but your strat looks weird to me. What's up with that?
IBBY

I wanted a worn looking strat, but didnt have the money, so I built this myself. I burned the body in a bunch of different places and it turned out better than expected. I just did something nobody else has done before.
Its got a left handed headstock swapped on. "Hendrix style".
Sent from my LGL75C using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Exactly!

Something else that is different is the wiring I did to it. The Passive pickups with active pickup. All the parts are from an American,Mexican, or Japanese stratocaster.

[quote="INEEDAGN, Its got a left handed headstock swapped on. "Hendrix style"./quote]

No, Jimi played a right-hand guitar upside down - not a right hand body with a left-hand neck.

JimiHendrix-500x375.jpg

Hey dude, that was good stuff. I learned Panama when I was 15 or 16. Sounded good and your solo was pretty close to the original,which is no easy task.
I actually like your 2nd video better of the bluesy picking, it had more feel IMO. Overall it's all good, I like playing bluegrass inspired hillbilly licks and blues style lines too. I dig everything from Buddy Guy, Chuck Berry, Keith Richards, Hendrix, Halen, Rhoads to even likes of Satriani and Vai.

Good stuff, Gotta a haulin ass TTA and Play a reverse headstock strat. Got it Goin on! haha. Keep jammin!:D

[quote="INEEDAGN, Its got a left handed headstock swapped on. "Hendrix style"./quote]

No, Jimi played a right-hand guitar upside down - not a right hand body with a left-hand neck.

View attachment 206526

Lol I'm fully aware of that, however it was that "look" that inspired many guitar players to put lefty headstocks on their right handed strats.

Hell it inspired Srv to cut out the body of "number one" for a left hand tremolo (he also did the lefty headstock on at least one other guitar).

Lol I'm fully aware of that, however it was that "look" that inspired many guitar players to put lefty headstocks on their right handed strats.

Hell it inspired Srv to cut out the body of "number one" for a left hand tremolo (he also did the lefty headstock on at least one other guitar).
You are doing a great job playing and I would only be concerned about my level if playing for a living.

My playing style changed many years ago . . . Went from classical to Spanish, to pop, to jazz, to rock, to blues, to delta blues.

Pretty much play slide and some rockin blues nowadays . . . Wish i could play bluegrass. :(

Keep rocking man, love watching that stuff, regardless of style, play level or guitar type.

hello people; I like your tone could you tell your set up. I know nothing about pickups but maybe that's part of it. My guitars are all electric and I do have an amp that a rarely use. Others have said that I should but most of the time the TV is on and I don't. Speaking of set up up I went to a site called guitar geek and they tell the set ups of alot of professionals out there. It dosn't mean much to me but I bought one of there t shirts. The shirt shows a bunch of effects pedals all plugged into each other. I thought it was kinda cool.
IBBY

I am no expert by any means but . .
I have a friend who plays professionally and his tone with very simple equipment is just awesome.
Some guy liked his tone so much he purchased the exact equipment but was never able to get the same tone. He even played my friends equipment and was unable to get the tone/sound.
That's when I realized that technique has a major effect on the tone and I quit chasing the sound.
I ended up buying a National guitar and the tone is very very close to some of the artists I listen to when playing slide.

I quit chasing tone too. Soon as I seen "The Subway" on Stars with the blues player playing awesome blues with a Squire, I quit chasing. I had a Squire sitting in the basement at the time and started playing blues on it. Sounded the same as all the other guitars I have.
I just have Mexican single pups and an EMG81 humbucker in the guitar. I wanted a guitar that could cover nearly anything. I plug into a PodX3Live that is connected to a Kustum tube 8'' practice amp. I do barrow a Kustom Defender for gigs and the sound is perfect tone (in my ears).
This is all for fun tho. I dont take it seriously at all.

Hey dude, that was good stuff. I learned Panama when I was 15 or 16. Sounded good and your solo was pretty close to the original,which is no easy task.
I actually like your 2nd video better of the bluesy picking, it had more feel IMO. Overall it's all good, I like playing bluegrass inspired hillbilly licks and blues style lines too. I dig everything from Buddy Guy, Chuck Berry, Keith Richards, Hendrix, Halen, Rhoads to even likes of Satriani and Vai.

Good stuff, Gotta a haulin ass TTA and Play a reverse headstock strat. Got it Goin on! haha. Keep jammin!:D

Thanks! Ya, I have lots of backround in the rock arena, but the blues is the style I like the best. We have the same likes, thats for sure.

Thanks for sharing. This inspired me to pick up my Martin D-18 custom & pick for a minute. I really don't deserve a guitar this good. I'm still stuck in 1st gear with the guitar & never have gotten into electrics. Last time I jammed with friends I played an electric bass for the first time. Had a blast! I still play the drums sometimes, too.

So much music... so little time
2013-11-18_21-59-40_700.jpg