Any E85 local?

blackmonte

New HP Technology !!!
Seems they are short of E85? Went to 2 Gas City gas staitions and they are out. Anyone know about this?Bolingbrook , And Shorewood both out

I have also noticed this at the schaumburg/hoffman estates Gas city. Cannot drive my DD on E85 for the time being :(

I would go to palatine oil company on colfax near quentin. the place looks shady as hell but their E85 is really good (tested content) and it is usually priced really well. My '99 regal liked the POC gas much better than Gas City...

hope that helps

I talked to Gas City yesterday and they have no idea when they are getting any E85 in!!:mad:Thanks Guys

Something up with GasCity?

There is approx 1 billion excess gallons of ethanol produced per year right now (above the E10 requirement) so some of it is going overseas as export.
Not exactly like GasCity cannot find any:biggrin:

Gas city is having financial problems. I would imagine this is the reason.

I make weekly deliveries to the gas cities in the southwest suburbs. They are having some difficulties paying their bills. I would imagine being out of e85 would have the least impact on their business. They have been ordering less product from other vendors as well thus keeping inventory low.

I make weekly deliveries to the gas cities in the southwest suburbs. They are having some difficulties paying their bills. I would imagine being out of e85 would have the least impact on their business. They have been ordering less product from other vendors as well thus keeping inventory low.

That is a shame- the gas business is a tough one and if the C-store does not have enough revenue inside this can easily happen. I only run 18 stations and yet I tie up on average $612,000 in straight NL and E85 inventories alone. The problem with ordering less is freight or product cost per unit can climb on you. If I had a midgrade instead of blender pumps I could easily add another $200,000 in inventory.

They will be in real trouble if gas ever goes back to $4 before they get their financing settled. This is also a reflection of the overbuilt retail business in a declining marketplace. I hope this problem does not lead them to buy small lot ethanol from oil terminals rather than ethanol plants or they will be uncompetitive. Maybe they are already- are their E85 prices in the 1.99 to 2.10 area (indicating direct purchase) or up in the 2.30 + range?

I believe they are around $2.30 a gallon. Maybe a little more. I know the road ranger in lombard is almost always .25 a gallon less expensive.

Yes- that sounds like they are either; 1) buying small lot from oil company racks because they put in too small of tanks or are limited on capital to buy larger lots, or 2) they never found the right ethanol plant to team up with. That is a shame because if they were able to buy it right, they could sell it right (ie 1.99 to 2.10) and it would be their #2 fuel seller behind 87 octane gas (unless they have diesel in a truck stop format- then it would be # 3). So many companies dreamed to small on E85 and put in less than the 10,000 gallon tank that would be the absolute bare minimum to buy 8,200 gallon loads direct.

Just bought some and today it is 2.23 a gallon in Rockford, il. 87 octane was 2.84 a gallon.

I'm not alone in Rockford? Cool!

Yup, still in the 2.25 range.... I am thinking of putting my 454 back on a E85 diet this week..... :)

My 3800 SC has had it, I am not on it right now, just gas can be more convienent. Hope with gas prices finally dropping a tad E85 will drop more.

Just bought some and today it is 2.23 a gallon in Rockford, il. 87 octane was 2.84 a gallon.

Gas City declared bankruptcy today.:frown: I hope they keep the E-85 going!! It was business as usual today but most vendors were requiring C.O.D payments.