Any currently made drop in 3.5" speakers?

l3lue

Does anyone make a 3.5" drop in speaker for our cars that is currently being made? No mounting from underneath or making brackets or cutting holes

Talking about dash speakers ? They usually come with plates so you can probably drop right in universal type 3 1/2 inch to 4 inch holes

i was reading they need to be flush mount and it becomes an issue with the speaker grill

Mine does hit the grill cause it has the tweeter but if you get one without the tweeter it won't hit it plus you can bend the tabs a little to countersink it . Did you take the one in there out just take it with you and match it up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 206
Most replacements are made with tweeters in the center which if dropped in from the top will hit the grill. If you can find replacements without a tweeter that will work or use a pair of tweeters instead of the 3.5 speakers.
been discussed a 1000 times use the search button
No reason to be an ass, just answer the question or ignore and move on. :rolleyes:

been discussed a 1000 times use the search button
I did actually look and the only ones that I read that fit correctly were discontinued Alpine SPS-080A that's why I asked if anything equal was currently made that fit same as factory..so far seems no - some bracket or under mounting it will have to be done to fit with grill

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lol man he sure is friendly! Bet he's a blast to hang out with..thanks for all the insightful info - BTW if you take a minute and read the post and you'll see it's not specifically covered to say what brand and part number would be a direct factory replacement as the Alpine sps-080A's were ...

Kenwood Dual Dash Speakers 3 1/2" - KFC-835C

It's what Antbankstwo was selling a while back. Search and read... Or ping the buyer off him. But I think they were flush fitting. I had checked them out on Amazon and they looked legit.

This thread triggered an old memory!

Kenwood Dual Dash Speakers 3 1/2" - KFC-835C

It's what Antbankstwo was selling a while back. Search and read... Or ping the buyer off him. But I think they were flush fitting. I had checked them out on Amazon and they looked legit.

This thread triggered an old memory!
That's what I was looking for thank you!