Anti-Theft

Duff73

Had a couple a questions. Was curious to see what people used in terms of anti-theft devices. I had a mustang gt stolen from me when I lived in Philly and later found it stripped. That experience still pisses me off to no end from time to time.

I know the standard kill switch is probably the best deturrent. The only problem is I'm not a great electrical type guy. And even after going to the kill switch write up over a gntype.org I'm still a bit reluctant to try.

I just ordered a collar lock from Kirban's they also have some other type theft deterrent on their page. Anyone familar with it? They don't go into details about what it is but it's only like $25 bucks. If it's worth it I'll grab that too, thoughts?

Collar lock is good. I have that one.
Kirban's kills switch is good too. It's not intuitive to figure out by a thief while easy to operate as the owner.

Other good ones are fuel pump kill switch and starter interupt. But like you said, those take a little more electrical knowledge. I'm wanted to this too but haven't figured out exactly what do do yet.

For now, just disconnecting the fuel pump connector near the tank will work. You could also disable the ECM by disconnecting the orange wire connector near the battery, but the problem is that is resets your computer everytime.

I loved the anti-theft feature in the Thrasher chips. But I don't use those chips anymore.

let adam or I know if we can help (car toys) GN & TYPHOON experts we can find a way that will make it hard to take..;)
Randy:D

Thx for info

Ya,
Ever since I had a car stolen it definitely makes you rethink how you protect your vehicles or anything else valuable.

Call me crazy but there's always someone out there who wants what you have. I'm going to try the collar lock and the kirban theft deterrent, if I really feel the need to install a kill switch I'll take you guys up on the offer.

I haven't even had my car a year but you can never bee too careful even here in little ol' Spokane, hehe.

The collar lock is good, because it is too easy to break the column and start these cars. I think Kirban's is vague about it for a reason. They don't want everyone to know about it. You could go with these, and have an alarm professionally installed with a kill switch. Although I don't like anyone else working on my car. You give this place with strangers, the key to your car, probably your address, and they are the ones that install the kill switch/alarm. The ones that are built into the chip are great also. The alarm in my first GN was giving me problems, so I yanked it while I was figuring out what to put in next. Someone tried to steal it. The Thrasher anti-theft saved it. They cranked it until the battery was dead, and stole some stuff out of the trunk, but I got to keep my car. I won't drive my 'new' GN anywhere that I have to get out, not until I do something about it, and it has the factory anti-theft, and it actually works too. The best way to keep your car is to have more than one. The thing is, if you have someone put one in, don't let them know about the other, and try to do at least one yourself.