????? ANS performance ?????

bryant

hey guys im trying to find out more about ans performance dont look like alot of people know much about them

They have been out of business for several years now. Pete Barton works for Precision Turbo last I heard.

i have a ANS audible knock sensor in my car pics of it in last thread i done anyway i was wondering if this was something they installed or ?

i have a ANS audible knock sensor in my car pics of it in last thread i done anyway i was wondering if this was something they installed or ?

They were a late model performace shop in Chicago (Melrose Park) that specialized in GN's int their day. If I remember correctly they had their own machine equiptment in house to machine and assemble engines. Also retailed many performance parts (like Full Throttle, Hartline, Cotton, etc).

Your knock detector is just something they sold like how Full Throttle sells scanmasters. Just about everyone had one back in the day whether it was an ANS unit, or someone elses. They are not that popular these days. Not a guarantee they installed it, but if the car came from Chicago and they worked on it, there is a good chance they did install it.

The original owner of my T had some work done at ANS back in the day because the car was originally a Chicago car and I have this little key chain here from them. Spoke to him once via email and he was nice enough to tell me some things about the car. That guy has probably forgotten more about Turbo Buicks than most of us will ever know!:eek: