Another Powermaster question

Danster

I replaced my powermaster motor with a spare I had laying around. Reason for replacement, the other one was leaking fluid.

Before I had no issues other than it was leaking. With the replacement motor, when I turn the key on it cycles for about 15 seconds as it would normally do when one pumps the brakes to depressurized the system.

It does this after every time I go to turn the car back on. Brake idiot light comes on until it finishes cycling (15 secs or less). :eek:

Is this a symptom of a failing motor? Other than that the brakes seems to be working ok.

TIA!

Dannyo

I replaced my powermaster motor with a spare I had laying around. Reason for replacement, the other one was leaking fluid.

Before I had no issues other than it was leaking. With the replacement motor, when I turn the key on it cycles for about 15 seconds as it would normally do when one pumps the brakes to depressurized the system.

It does this after every time I go to turn the car back on. Brake idiot light comes on until it finishes cycling (15 secs or less). :eek:

Is this a symptom of a failing motor? Other than that the brakes seems to be working ok.

TIA!

Dannyo

Yep...... motor should "cycle" in about 5-7 sec. not 15 sec.----Also, the acc.ball SHOULD hold pressure("It does this after every time I go to turn the car back on. Brake idiot light comes on").
Do a search for zeus87gn...he has some great write-ups that we use in shop class.

Did you swap the Accumulator and Switch from the old unit?

If not try that and report back.

I used the same switch and accumulator as I did not have any problems with those before other than the leaking motor.

Again, everything worked perfect except for a leaking motor so I just changed out the motor.

So is that pointing towards the accumulator not holding pressure? I guess I need to open the hood and check to see if any of brake fluid is being pushed back into the resevoir when I turn off the vehicle.

Dannyo